PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else's anxiety seem seasonal?

ebony
02-25-2010, 09:12 AM
I swear January, February and March are just horrid for me.
Although the anxiety is omnipresent (with meager breaks), the first quarter of the year is just about insurmountable.
I don't know how people survive it!

Robbed
02-26-2010, 05:29 AM
This is common. During the winter months, days are shorter and cloud cover is more common. So overall, there is less sunlight. Furthermore, inclement winter weather often does not allow for much in the way of outdoor activities. Because less time is spent outside in sunny weather (which most people find beneficial for conditions like depression and anxiety), these conditions often worsen in winter. With this in mind, the best thing to do is find at least some time to spend outdoors. There may not be many good days. But a little bit is better than nothing. And even spending time outdoors in cloudy weather is probably better than constantly being indoors.

unnerved
02-26-2010, 09:33 AM
My anxiety is definitely much worse during the winter months. Mine also has a time that it gets worse too. I am usually OK for most of the day, but around 6 or 6:30 at night is when it will hit.

tracy1971
03-12-2010, 02:35 AM
I hate the dark months and i find my anxiety increases, however it has been much better after i was given a light box by my family, your serotonin levels drop in winter as there is less sunlight which we need to boost our feel good chemical (serotonin) hence why people feel so much happier in summer, i use my box for 15 min and dont use it everyday but is more effective if used every day, i call the winter dark months my hibernation time