PDA

View Full Version : Trying to figure out my anxiety is making things worse?

Leafs93
02-10-2010, 02:47 PM
In the last week, my anxiety is the worse it has ever been and I am constantly trying to figure out and think why. Now my mind is on a constant loop feeding my anxiety.

Any tips on how to break the cycle?

Thanks

unnerved
02-10-2010, 03:15 PM
There doesn't have to be a reason for your anxiety. Knowing what caused it isn't going to make it go away. In fact, like you said, the more you try to figure out what caused it the more stressed you get. Thus making your anxiety worse.

Don't worry about what caused it. Research how you feel and find out what is happening in your body to cause it. Once you start to understand that everything you are feeling is a normal response to stress and fear in your body, you will begin to feel a lot better.

ThePhoenix
02-11-2010, 04:01 PM
Sometimes trying to figure out where it came from can be helpful but other times it really can just put you on the anxiety loop. Anxiety doesnt always have to have come from somewhere, sometimes it just is. Anxiety is almost like a personality trait and you can feel nervous and on edge with no stimulation at all. Just take a couple of deep breaths and think to yourself that it doesnt matter where it come from.