PDA

View Full Version : anxiety

tinkerbell_11
02-10-2010, 02:13 PM
does anyone get anxiety symptoms when they really that anxious? i feel my chest pain is from the over breathing and pulling of the muscles...im so scared all the time

tinkerbell_11
02-10-2010, 02:16 PM
i meant not that anxious

ThePhoenix
02-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Yeah it happens, even when you are not conciously anxious you can still be quite uptight on a subconcious level. It used to really worry me when I got symptoms when I didnt really feel that anxious but now I recognise them for what they are for the most part.

Leafs93
02-11-2010, 05:06 PM
Same here, I think I have been anxious on some level for a long time, even if it wasn't a panic attack.

forwells
02-12-2010, 12:48 PM
Hi tinkerbell_11 8)

You dont need to be anxious to have anxiety symptoms . It is something the automatic part of the brain learns to do . The only way to get past anxiety is to retrain that part of the brain to not be anxious .

Oh and by the way does anyone get anxiety symptoms when they really not that anxious? Take a look at the big picture :shock: , how can you question and worry about being anxious when you dont feel anxious. Just this fact tells me that you are feeling anxious .

But most likely what you are feeling is part normal and you are questioning it , because when we have been anxious for so long it sort of becomes the normal and when we settle this in fact feels out of place .

Anxiety is a addiction . We become addicted to the way we feel and scan all day every day to feel what we feel , by acepting anxiety and understanding in fully we can let these feelings past and by doing this they start to settle and go away.

I guess you would look at me and say i have recovered , i was that bad i could not leave the house , anxiety and panic was there 24/7 . Well yesterday i went to a talk and sat in a room with 30 strangers for 6 hours , yes i had some anxiety and many people in the room did , even the speaker but you know the difference here . I and them knew that we were anxouis because we were a bit nervous but when you have high anxiety you dont see this and you question why you feel the way you do . IT is nothing more than this continuing questioning that keeps our anxiety going .

If you accept that you have anxiety and that your system is on high alert but will settle as you retrain that auto part of your brain then that is what it will do . But if you keep questioning it you are just feeding it with more stressfull thinking and while it is being feed it cant settle

cheers kev :D