PDA

View Full Version : Does anxiety stop you from going to work?

*shellie*
02-09-2010, 06:53 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am new here. I have suffered anxiety for the past ten years or so. For the past few years it has been quite severe. I had the same job for 11 years, which I finished in 2007. Since then, I have had such trouble being able to work with my anxiety. I get a job, all is fine for a week or so, and then extreme anxiety and panic attacks set in. I hsve tried every possible job, with the lowest stress triggors, but I always find something to focus on. I hate hate hate that I stress to the point of breaking. And of course, then I start to stress more about finances, etc.

I went to the doctor today, and I am going to be seeing a psychologist next week, but at this point I dont know what to do. When I panic about work, I consider harming myself just to get out of having to go. I hate that I feel like that, but I really feel like I cant face going to work. Unfortunately not working is not an option as we need the cash. Im lucky my hubby is extremely supportive and understanding.

Im just wanting to know if anyone else's anxiety prevents them from working, and how do you cope with that?

*shellie*
02-13-2010, 12:44 AM
So nobody is affected by anxiety so bad they cannot work?

Yay, that makes me feel nice and normal :?

goingmad
02-13-2010, 02:39 PM
So nobody is affected by anxiety so bad they cannot work?

Yay, that makes me feel nice and normal :?

Hey Shellie, whats normal about any of this anxiety pants, im not working at the moment either so dont feel bad its hard enough just getting trough the day with out worrying about work, i know that dosent really help just wanted u to know ur not alone xx

begnme2
02-25-2010, 11:52 AM
Last year I was unable to work for over a month. Now that might not sound very bad but I am the only one providing financial support for my family. It was very tough and I even felt much anxiety and guilt about letting my family down. I was able to get the professional help I needed and I have been making progress ever since. I would recommend you get professional help. (They can teach you how to cope and more importantly to change how you think.)