PDA

View Full Version : Been away for a while

coops025
02-04-2010, 10:03 AM
Hi all,

Ive been away for a while and wanted to say hi to all the fellow Anxiety suffers.

I'm still Anxiety free after the help and support gained from this site, however im still living with de-realisaion/de-personalisation which is show no signs of recovery.

Hope your all well

Coops

tinkerbell_11
02-04-2010, 10:08 AM
however im still living with de-realisaion/de-personalisation which is show no signs of recovery.

what are the symptoms of this?

hesson81
02-04-2010, 09:31 PM
Hey coops, they will, they will pass to. It's a process, I'm seeing that. You'll probably stop having them, and you won't even notice, and then 6 months later, you'll think "sh-- I haven't had those feelings in while".

coops025
02-05-2010, 06:04 AM
Well ive has this for nealry 12 months now and managed to beat Aniety around 6 months ago.

No cure is known so im living in the hope that one day it might go but for some people it lasts forever.

unnerved
02-05-2010, 08:32 AM
Coops,

Have you ever looked into the works of Dr. Claire Weekes? She discusses derealization/depersonalization at length in her books.

hesson81
02-06-2010, 11:01 AM
Well ive has this for nealry 12 months now and managed to beat Aniety around 6 months ago.

No cure is known so im living in the hope that one day it might go but for some people it lasts forever.

But in most people it doesn't. One of the things that I have learned about this anxiety, is that we only lock onto and pay attention to the things out there that we want. Most often times, the negative. If one out of a 1000 people were stuck with something forever, we think about that one, and wonder if we are going to be like that to. Which essentially may perpetuate the cycle. Anxiety can be a plethera of negative thoughts (thoughts, only thoughts), and of hopelessness, which keeps the cycle going. Untill we effectively get away from that, we'll stay in it.

Trust me, I know how hard it is. Still batteling it myself, as I have my bad days, I try to remember the good, and as time goes on, I'm starting to only remember the good. As hard as it is, gotta stop thinking about the bad.