PDA

View Full Version : So interesting to read everyones posts and relate

okeydokey
02-02-2010, 05:14 PM
I can really relate to so many people who have written a topic, it makes me feal a bit better to know I am not the only one out there dealing with social anxiety. (Not that I wish it on anyone, hells no). I watched a video the other day on youtube where a person was talking about there social anxiety and felt myself nodding to myself as they explained there symptoms, the person really put out there exactly how I feel sometimes. I found it such a strong speech he gave especially talking about being at home wanting to go out and do something, but once your out wanting to be home, and jsut how tiring it is cuz your always thinking about the anxuety. I have to admit I do that! Does anyone else find that no matter what day you wake up, your brain is still putting you right back on track to jsut thinking and thinking about the social anxiety. I also find I have no motivation to do anything, I walk around aimless, like I have no idea what to do with myself, I am a smart, funny, intelligent person, however I am afraid of everyone it seems. Give me ten beer and I'm afraid of no one, however finding a job where I can drink ten beers through the day or becoming an alcoholic aren't great plans. but I have no job at the moment and am thinking of going back to college and am horrified (guess this is the anticapatory anxiety). I have been dealing with SA for a long time with periods of better and periods of worse, I have come to accept I will probably always deal with it to a degree, and find that at least a tad comforting. I find one thing that really helps me is to just tell myself , ok its a feeling and not give it any power, I know sounds easier said than done, but I mean I just give my body permission to feel it, and I've been there when your sweating, gonna pass out, frozen face, can't smile, can't make eye contact, and yet I try over and over again to tell my body I give you permission to feel this, and I find slowly and slowly over time I am gaining more control over my losing control, or I guess I am coming to grips with the out of control feeling. But heres some ideas for anyone looking for new stuff to try, I have not started this yet but its on my to do list: yoga, meditation (they say even jsut sitting for 10 mins every day and jsut trying to be still can help, how? not sure haven't tried it yet either) I am also looking for a therapist, because I am unemployed I am currently trying to receive some kind of cheaper therapy (because holy lord the places I've called in town cost 100 dollars an hour!!) and I think my next step might be medication, I'm afraid of it but it might be a step to get me on the track to employment. Anyway, sending good thoughts and wishes to you all who deal with SA everyday, I think were all a tough bunch

toughgirl
03-11-2010, 05:00 AM
Hey okeydokey,
I felt myself nodding to most of the things you said in your post! I've been wanting to try yoga, just haven't gotten around to it yet. I drink for relaxation and confidence, too. Though I have cut down a lot recently. Just in a better place in my life now. I agree that it's good to be able to share experiences and thought's in this forum and realise that a lot of people are just like you! :)

MikeJsimon
03-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Yoga has become very popular worldwide. People are seeking for it, as they realize the importance of self-contentment and inner peace.

Quoted from:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Yoga-And-Its-Importance&id=266536