PDA

View Full Version : am i just being silly? (quite scared)

dizzydaisy
02-02-2010, 11:03 AM
im a bit of a worrier when it comes to my health.... I have always worried about heart problems, but now I have a new concern - I think I might have a DVT.

I'm getting this bad stabby/aching pain in my upper inside thigh (about half way between groin and knee). I've looked it up on google and this is a prime site for a DVT.

I'm not sure whether i'm just being silly or not.... Im a 24 year old female, I dont have any significant health problems, however: I smoke occasionally and drink quite regularly, I dont do any exercise and recently I've been sitting for long periods doing work on the computer.

I cant think of any other reason why it'd be hurting like this, its not a muscular pain.

I dont want to go and get medical help because from past experience i'm sure they'd tell me there's nothing wrong with me and to go away.

Do you think I need to worry??

Thanks for reading.

ThePhoenix
02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
im a bit of a worrier when it comes to my health.... I have always worried about heart problems, but now I have a new concern - I think I might have a DVT.

I'm getting this bad stabby/aching pain in my upper inside thigh (about half way between groin and knee). I've looked it up on google and this is a prime site for a DVT.

I'm not sure whether i'm just being silly or not.... Im a 24 year old female, I dont have any significant health problems, however: I smoke occasionally and drink quite regularly, I dont do any exercise and recently I've been sitting for long periods doing work on the computer.

I cant think of any other reason why it'd be hurting like this, its not a muscular pain.

I dont want to go and get medical help because from past experience i'm sure they'd tell me there's nothing wrong with me and to go away.

Do you think I need to worry??

Thanks for reading.

Hey,

To be honest I dont think you need to worry about it, Google can put all kinds of ideas in your head and I have been there lots of times being an avid health worrier too! Unless the pain becomes super intense and unbearable I wouldnt worry about it. Just forget about it and go about your day for now!