PDA

View Full Version : anxiety and not eating

jb
01-16-2010, 10:17 AM
Whenever I was younger whenever I got anxious I couldn't eat. Now that I am constantly anxious I keep telling myself I might not be able to eat. I guess that's part of my anxiety. Any response or help will be appreciated.

jb

hesson81
01-16-2010, 05:26 PM
yea, force it. Don't over eat but make sure you get enough to eat.

I noticed that anxiety has effected me in so many ways, but it has effected me in two ways that I can't stand the most, which actually makes anxiety worse. Those two things are sleeping and eating.

I can't stand it because my appetite has just deminshed at times, unlike sleeping it's the one of the two you can control. If you want to get better, you need to have a good diet, and get a healthy portion of sleep. I don't know how to force sleep, I'm just insomniac right now.

I have had to eat food like it taste like card board over the last month or so. You gotta do it though.

jb
01-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks good luck to you

jb
01-17-2010, 09:13 AM
Are you on any meds?

andyp
01-18-2010, 10:14 AM
hi i have the same thing im all ways battling with my weight and not eating when im anxious its like my thought swells up and if i try to eat im gunna be sick i mainly eat at night when im calm and feel safe in my house

ruby-leigh
01-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Iv had the same problem for a while. My parents took me to the doctors about it when i was younger, i think the thought i had some kind of eating disorder but maybe in some ways it kind of is.
I really struggle when it comes to sitting down and eating a whole meal. i try and avoid that and just snack when i can, i no thats not the healthiest way and it not very good advise but it helps me cope

madhatter
04-23-2010, 02:01 PM
I have the exact same problem. I cant eat alot at a time, or I start getting anxious and feel like i'm going to panic. The last couple days I haven't really had much of an appetite. I mostly just snack at night, when i'm calm and mostly anxiety-free.

mishka
05-04-2010, 04:55 PM
I'm the same. The thought of eating makes me scared for some reason - Which is weird because when I do feel well enough I enjoy my food. I've always been slim/underweight, but when I am ill like I am now I cannot bare the thought or have the energy to chew my food and swallow, I have to try force it down and do find it really hard work. I can go all day without eating a thing ..

InZane4all
05-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Mishka, this all has to do with your mental state. When I used to get bad anxiety attacks and go out with friends to eat, every bite felt like I was going to choke and just didn't want to eat. It's like a defense mechanism, which sucks.

You need to keep your mind busy in order for you not to be constantly thinking about the symptoms you are experiencing.