PDA

View Full Version : My Story To Date

Gojira
12-24-2009, 03:48 PM
First off, hey everyone, hope your all well (or working towards this goal).
My name is Ross and i'm a 19 year old male from Plymouth in the South West of England.

2 months ago, I started having irregular sleep paterns for about a week, leading up to going out and having a drink with friends, i didn't drink heavy on this occasion, like 5 pints, slept like a baby, so felt great.
Woke up, went to work, within 3 hours I started having a massive chest pain, both my arms ceased up and went numb with tingling sensations, my face had this also, the sensations were stronger down my left side, coupled with this and my limited medical knowledge I figured, shit, HEART ATTACK. (of course now I know I was in no danger of having one now I've been smartened up.) So went to the hospital ECG scan, blood pressure and heart rate was fine bla bla bla, sent me away probably thinking i've wasted their time.

Ok, so I take a week off, sleep insomnia gets worse and so does a real bad mentality, i.e, depressive thoughts and a real heavy feeling in my throat and chest.

2 weeks of this I have another attack. Same as before this time I went the main hospital, chest xrays, blood taken, everything came back fine.
I worked 2 and a half weeks straight after this episode to make it up for work and as Xmas was soon approaching.

Soon my body said no more (i have a full time job and attend a full time course) and like gave up on me, I had all the symptums of a severe anxiety attack and spent 2 weeks at home thinking i'm going to die with severe depressive thoughts, chest pain, numbness and tingling prominantly just down the left side but only on occasion, all the while with continued sleep insomnia, a foreboding feeling that i'm gonna die and creeping skin sensations from the beginning of this 8 week period.
Soon agoraphobia kicked in, only when on buses though, that is where I had a severe attack and whenever i went past this certain area on the bus my heart starts racing and I have a minor episode with only a few anxiety based symptums.

The past 5 days I have been on Amitriptylin. A drug that supresses depression, helps you sleep and decreses anxiety. By sleeping you lose the fatigue and muscle pains and creeping sensations often caused by lack of sleep. You take the drug 1-2 hours before you go to sleep, i've been going bed at 11.30, so taking 1 at 9.30 and another at 10.30. Around 10.45 i start to become extremely tired, get in bed, dvd or book, next thing i know i'm fighting to stay awake!

I just wanted to say that if anyone has suffered from my sort of symptums and is a young male in decent health then I would definately ask for this drug. I've slept from 12 - 9 the past 4 days straight with little to no depressive thoughts and the only scares i've had is the odd creaping or numb sensation down my left arm.

I just wanted to share my story to date with people who won't dismiss my illness as something you can just 'shake off'
And by writing this I feel alot better, like a load is off my chest.
Thanks for reading. :)

alskik
01-17-2010, 08:11 AM
friend your story is truly touching. I do hope that you get over this condition swiftly and that it doesn't affect you too much. if it doesn't kill you brother... it only makes you stronger.