PDA

View Full Version : Visual Snow

snowpea
12-18-2009, 07:05 PM
Does anybody else have this?

It started about 2 years ago around the same time I started having severe panic, and I really hate it! It does seem to come and go...but I find it very scary. Even over 2 years later!

For those of you who don't know what it is, it's as if your eyes are trying to tune into a station...they always have this light fuzz or "snow". It's worse of white backgrounds or dark rooms. It seems to be connected to anxiety and drug use, but dr's really don't know much about it. Another theory is that it's common visual disturbances which are heightened by anxiety sufferers uber awareness.

Anyways it's quite awful and I was just curious if anyone else could relate.

Kjm_x
12-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi , yes i have this too.
mine also started after a severe panic attack.
I wasnt sure if it was part of the derealization or not.
But your not alone, i think you will find quite a fe have this...

i describe mine a "static vision"

snowpea
12-19-2009, 10:48 AM
Yeah, static vision is the perfect way to describe it! It's good to know there's someone else out there experiencing the same thing.

Kjm_x
12-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Im just curious whether you have derealization with your anxiety too?
The reaosn im asking is because im trying to figure out whether the static vision is due to derealization, which also stuck wiht me after the sever panic attack. or Whether it is just a part of general anxiety symptom

snowpea
12-19-2009, 08:27 PM
Yes, I definitely have derealization along with it. As a matter of fact, I remember reading somewhere (I think it was a wiki article) about people who have visual static/snow often also experience derealization. I'm guessing the two kind of go hand in hand. Lucky us!

Kjm_x
12-20-2009, 01:15 AM
Yes, i deffinetly believe they go hand in hand.
both very anoying symptoms.