PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Help Debilitating Fears

duster
12-17-2009, 08:51 AM
I don't know if I have something or if theres a label to this problem. I think its anxiety and depression. I just deal with it. I think that alot of it comes from very low self worth although I've built it up quite a bit there are still parts of me that want to or make me feel very bad. I want to ask a question about this fear or depressing feeling I get.

Maybe 10 years ago in college, there, I spent two years with the same people. I felt somewhat left out and I did not want to follow anyone. Anyway I've always had a tough time getting very engaged with others or big groups. ANyway a classmate came in one morning and told me he had a dream that someone came in class and began shooting everyone and then to his surprise it was ME. I think I hold on to that to this day to make myself feel bad. I have anxiety about guns and fear that I am bad and maybe I could lose control and do something like that only cuz he dreamed it. ALso because when I was young like 18 working on older woman had a dream that I was gay and then for a few years like 6 yrs later I did go that route for a few years not now. But While in college ( I went late). My rationale is always against me also it seems.

Its like I feel good but then there's something else that could be wrong its like i'm never ok. Like something is WRONG with me or I'm BAD.

I've improved alot and am happy alot, but I want to stop these fears. I have others and they are debilitating. At times these thoughts catch me off guard and I become really anxious and upset and want to crawl in a hole.

What should I think of that dream? I want to forget it but I wont let it go. It's like part of me wants to hold on to all the bad stuff.

Any help is appreciated. I don't know where else to ask these questions!

Fishing_guy
12-19-2009, 06:58 AM
Their dreams mean asolutely nothing. People have all sorts of crazy dreams about stuff that could never happen. It may be worth studying some of your own dreams to figure out something about yourself, but you should never concern yourself with what other people dream about.

The fealling isn't going to go away, but everytime you feel the fear you have to remind yourself that the fear is just that, only fear. Just keep telling yourself that the dream means nothing and can not effect you, it's the truth and eventually you will start to believe yourself.

duster
01-05-2010, 10:40 AM
Hi there Fishing_guy. Yea I think you are right. I get mad that it doesn't go away. I want to get rid of some thoughts and I don't get why I hold onto them. I'm going to do what you said. I appreciate the help!

ghostgirl929
01-20-2010, 02:46 PM
What your experiencing seems to sound like a form of OCD, you obsess about these thoughts that are incrdibly fearful to you, I had this type of OCD years ago, talk to your Phsychiatrist let him know about your fears and thoughts and Im sure he can help you.

duster
01-20-2010, 03:11 PM
I currently don't have a psychiatrist. I don't want to take medicine either. I believe some things we can work on ourselves. But of course if I need help I will seek it. Thank you though.

duster
03-02-2010, 01:16 PM
I just hate that I have these fears. Like theres a chance I could do something bad because someone dreamed it. It is so hurtful to me.

MikeJsimon
03-11-2010, 07:35 AM
Some people remember their dreams; others tend to forget all but the most dramatic bits as soon as they wake. When you dream or daydream, take time to replay as much of it as you can in your mind before the events of the day overlay it. Relive the story of that dream. Remind yourself of the events, pictures, sensations and other sensory information it involved.

Quoted from:
http://www.goarticles.com/cgi-bin/showa.cgi?C=2604643

duster
03-11-2010, 04:49 PM
Some people remember their dreams; others tend to forget all but the most dramatic bits as soon as they wake. When you dream or daydream, take time to replay as much of it as you can in your mind before the events of the day overlay it. Relive the story of that dream. Remind yourself of the events, pictures, sensations and other sensory information it involved.

My prob was obsessive thinking about a dream someone had of me killing people and the fear I get from it as if he is foretelling the truth. :( This depresses and worries me at times. I have to fight the fear along with other fears and neg thoughts.

Namrata
04-01-2010, 02:45 AM
This stage is very painful to handle as a person gets stuck in it so deeply that he/she even cant get out of this. It is very beneficial for those people top get over this by proper consult of doctor and at the same time, doing some exercises that will be beneficial for them.

It will become easier for them to come out from this situation and will result in good sleep.

Thanks