PDA

View Full Version : Scared.

Mariah
12-08-2009, 02:03 PM
I'm fourteen and dont know what to think. I get what i belived were severe panic attacks that were brought on from smoking pot. But a visit to my theripist yesterday informed me otherwise. Telling me that i could be expeirencing a pycotic break and could become scitzophrenic. I am scared out of my mind. My panic attacks cause me to have the following symptoms....please give me any advise possible.
Cold feet.
Tingling hands and legs.
Nothing is real...nobody is really there.
The feeling i am going to jump out of a window or something against my will.
Detatched from reality.
FEAR OF GOING CRAZY.
They uaually last about an hour if id gotten high.
But when they happen randomly they usually only last for about fifteen seconds

markko
12-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Hi Mariah,

As always, you should continue to discuss these things with your doctor. This sounds serious.

It's pretty well known that pot use will get people into this sort of state. The problem with someone of your age is that the effects on the brain can become permanent or at least long lasting (so recent evidence suggests). The link between regular pot use at a young age and scizophrenia is becoming clearer.

The other thing to bear in mind is are you eating enough?

Markko

crazypink
12-17-2009, 05:45 PM
I get what you are saying. I have felt the same way lately. I have bipolar disorder, anxiety disorder, depression, and agoraphobia. I have been off my medications for a month or so due too losing my medications and have gone through withdrawals and now am seeing things I know are not there but am still scared. I cant see my doctor bc I have no insurance and I feel like im going insane. Check out my blog for more on me.

precious007
01-05-2010, 07:06 AM
The symptoms that you have just mentioned are certainly related to anxiety and not schizophrenia. You are a bit young to experience such symptoms but I have heard of teens of 12 years old with severe anxiety forms.

wim
04-06-2010, 10:34 PM
Hi there . Im going to bed soon so wont really be writing an extensive answer . Sorry for that , will try and do it later . First of all pot can have very different effects on people depending on the strength , the way you use it , how often you use it etc . Important is that sometimes people , can react very negatively to it even after prolongued use in a way which is not interfering with their responsability and when not experienced as disturbing in any way . I know this from own experience and shared experiences . Something to know is pot is generally getting stronger , as it is cultivated that way . Add to that the fact that its working depends alot in how you are feeling in general or at a specific moment etc it can lead to bouts of ( extreme ) paranoia as I would call it . In general I get the idea you are not in a very good place right now to be using it in any way . As it is not very addictive , Id recommend you to quit (at least for now . ps looking back I think I was smoking pot at a way to young age (remember that you are still in full development as is the organic structure of your brain ) and I think you are to (Im not judging you , just giving my advice ) . My guess is your doctor or therapist is just freaking out on this . Besides , the usage of the term psychosis is very broad these days . I might add that a possible symptom of panic attacks is the idea or thought you are going crazy or are going to lose control in one way or another . The list of symptoms you have to experience to be categorized as psychotic or schizophrenic is longer and more severe than what you are describing . Just stay off the pot (or at least smoke only mild homegrown stuff ) for a while , try and find other ways to enjoy or relax and normally youll be feeling much better . Feelings of * surrealism * or detachment are quite normal reactions to stress by the way . ps all this is ofcourse not an absolute truth and I have no qualifications in medicine or psychology . Hope youll be feeling better soon . :) Wim

InZane4all
05-05-2010, 12:57 PM
Yeah, heavy pot usage will intensify your anxiety, so I would cut down on that. I'll be honest, I smoke pot because it alleviates my anxiety better than taking Xanax or Valium. Of course, this is me and this treatment does not work for everyone since different people react differently to pot.
I only smoke pot in the weekends, and try to not overdo it, because when I do, I feel the pain for a couple of days.

Anyway, going back to your problem, I would strongly suggest you: a) speak with your parents if you haven't already. b) get a second opinion from another doctor. c) Try and relax. Your WAY too young to be getting stressed out and anxious. You have a long life ahead of you.