PDA

View Full Version : Nutz

KookieTookie
03-10-2006, 05:24 AM
Hello, I'm new here, just wanted to say ello :)

For years I thought I was just a bit strange, or perhaps different from most people. I'm a Theatre studies student and I've been doing drama for years, and a lot of that involved performing- which, for an anxious person sounds like the craizest thing to do, or want to do with your life! But that didn't stop me, stupidly.

Anyway, just to let you know I never EVER get stage fright, in fact nothing about the theatre scares me at all. I never liked to speak to anyone about it before, because whenever I have anxiety attacks or I start getting all irrational and emotional, its over very silly and minor things that nobody seems to understand....not even my beloved boyfriend :( We argue all the time, and sometimes I wonder if I should split up with him because I think I must be the worst girlfriend in the world...I seem to drive those away closest to me, and hurt those who are only trying to help.

I've suffered from anxiety most of my life but I've only just realised I have this problem. I think I was in denial for years, I went a bit crazy for a while and tired to supress my emotions with drugs and it all went a bit pear shaped. But now I have a future, and I know I'm good at what I do, but the anxiety is taking away all my confidence, and even the thought of standing on stage suddenly makes me feel all sweaty and stressed!

I can't really talk to anyone close to me about these problems because I become paranoid about what they'll think and then that inturn makes me anxious, its a vicious circle and I'm not sure how to get out of it...so I came here :D

If anyone has any advice or anything, I'm all ears....or eyes rather!

wantingtoknowiamnotalone
03-12-2006, 04:15 AM
dear Nutz-

You are not nuts! :D

You are a normal human being with great coping skills!

Who cares about being different? Why be like everyone else when you can be the unique individual that you are? The world needs more people like you.

Your guy puts up with the moodiness or whatever because he loves you. Accept it and be thankful.

have a glorious day!
:)