PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety - Can it really do all that ?

mishka
12-07-2009, 04:28 PM
Ok for a long time I've known I've suffered anxiety. But now it's at a new level, I'm constantly feeling sick, drained, sweats, headaches, pressure in the head, seeing floaters, shakes.... it's now officially taken over my life to the point I won't dare leave the house and I'm terrified of falling asleep :| Can anyone relate to this ?

I've recently had a brain scan which came back clear. So Iv'e now gone from obssessing about a brain tumour to obssessing that the doctors haven't read my scan results properly :| It doesn't matter what the doctors say to me I can't accept that I have nothing seriously wrong with me and this could all be down to anxiety ??

I feel like I can't escape my own body. I weird throbbing sentions all over my body that the doctor told me was muscle twitches - did I believe him ?? :roll:

I woke up last night at 5am with a thud in my chest, I got up feeling so sick I went pure white then carried on to have a full blown panic attack.

It' just doesn't seam to be getting any better :(

stuart101
12-08-2009, 02:51 AM
hi mishka, i'm new to the anxiety. i feel the same as you do but instead of the obssessing about a brain tumour, i constantly worry about having a heart attack or heart problems, i have had an ecg done which came back normal, but i'm thinking are they humouring me? i went to a different doctor in the same practice and he checked my lungs, my breathing and my heart and he said my heart was really strong. i am now awaiting a treadmill test. i hope you start feeling abit better soon take care

i am rob
12-08-2009, 09:15 PM
you are looking for a relief. "hey if i go to the doctor and he says i am fine then i will feel so happy i will never worry about any thing again." you know in your head but your fine. your just looking for a releif. example i used to turn around half way to work to lock the door even though i locked it because i was looking for a releif. but that releif will only be temporary if at all. there is a good chance if you analyze your life and address the issues that may be the underlying problem it will go away