PDA

View Full Version : Socializing without getting drunk for confidence

martyb87
12-06-2009, 09:09 PM
Hey I'm Marty and I'm new here,
I was just wondering if any one has any tips they would like to share with me about socializing without getting drunk for confidence. It just seems so hard-wired into me that I feel very out of place at the bar or club if I'm not drunk (doesn't help that everybody else usually is as well) Any help would be appreciated.

PopTart
01-01-2010, 04:17 AM
I'm the same way. Although I don't really worry so much about being the only non-drunk person, I just drink to feel more relaxed/comfortable and "hopefully" loosen up and have a good time. I've sort of accepted that this is the thing I do but I'm also very mindful and will only drink when it's appropriate and outside of bar/party environments.. simply because I don't want it to turn in a problem where I drink in order to deal with everything.

I go to bars to see bands... the music definitely puts me more at ease and gives me a slight boost of confidence. I stop worrying so much about whats going on around me and just get lost in the music. I like that socializing isn't really a mandatory thing but I can if I want to. It also helps to know that everyone around me has similar interests/views.. and are most likely fucked in the head to some degree.

Yeah, just go to a show and stick your head the speaker.