PDA

View Full Version : Can i drink alcohol whist taking sertraline tablets?

Sarahharvey1989
11-28-2009, 11:27 AM
I have a few crimbo parties to go to but only been taking sertaline 3days so i dont no if the tablets give any side affects, i will be on them 2 weeks when i go out for crimbo party

mooty5
12-15-2009, 02:35 PM
Hi, I have recently started having panic attacks again, after going 10 years with out one!!

I have recently started taking sertraline, and was also wondering the same thing as yourself, if i could drink at my christmas party!

Have you decided what you are going to do yet?

12-16-2009, 01:47 AM
i take zoloft 50mg which is an ssri, but i only take it once in the morning , not taking it though out the day

im not a big drinker at all, when i do have a drink its not till later afternoon early evening if i have taken a tablet in the morning, i figure the ssri is out of my system by then only talking a small dose in the morning , it doesnt seem to have any effect on me

if i know i will be having a drink at a lunch time bbq or function i wont take zoloft at all that day so i can have a drink, one day without it doesnt have any negative effect on me

but as i say im only taking 50mg and that is only once a day in the morning when i wake up, i dont know what your dosages are

that is just my account of it, medication effects everyone in a different way though, maybe ask your doctor about it or the company who makes your medication should have a help line you can ring and ask them.

i have done that before when i had to take some over the counter
flu / sinus tablets as i know some of them dont mix well with anxiety medication