PDA

View Full Version : TEA Form??

Belle
11-25-2009, 11:00 PM
Can someone explain to me what this is? Is there a resource for it online?

JA
11-25-2009, 11:16 PM
I saw this on another forum...hopefully it'll help.

The TEA FORM is known as the Thought-Error-Analysis. This is where you can get to the empowering tools of change IF you will apply yourself. You can literally become free of negative thoughts by this tool alone. ONLY if you APPLY YOURSELF TO IT AND STICK TO IT.

First let me start off by saying the 2 most valuable words you can get into the habit of saying are : SO WHAT Get into the habit of saying/asking yourself this anytime something upsets you. No event, no one else, no matter how catastrophic the event is - has the power to upset you. IT'S THE THOUGHTS YOU HAVE ABOUT IT THAT UPSET YOU. THOUGHTS ARE NOT FACTS.
__________________________________________________ ________________________

THINKING ERRORS THAT TROUBLED PEOPLE MAKE :

JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS: This is where you overestimate the liklihood that a negative event is going to happen, despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This causes anticipatory anxiety.

BLOWING THINGS OUT OF PROPORTION: Making a mountain out of a molehill or viewing events/situations catastrophic/insuuferable when they really aren't.

EXTREME THINKING: Where you see everything as either good or completely bad. Nothing can fall in the middle with this type of thinking.

GLOBALISING: This is where you take 1 instance, and forever turn it into a universal event that will occur over & over again.

EMOTIONAL BLOCKING: Where you give your feelings overriding importance. Just because YOU feel a certain way, does not make it reality. If your thoughts are inaccurate, your feelings are, too.

REALITY FILTER: Where you zero in on 1 negative detail and not seeing the rest of the big picture.

IGNORING THE POSITIVE: You refuse to give yourself credit for any of your accomplishments. IE: Oh well, anybody could have done that.

OMNIIMPOTENCE ERROR: You think you are responsible for events that are completely beyond your control.

COUNTERPRODUCTIVE MOTIVATION: Basically procrastinating. "I need to do this" " I should do this " " I have to do that". This type of language makes you feel guilty because it makes the task seem so enormous. Everything IS NOT a task.

NAMING: You label yourself or others if something is not done correctly. IE : I'm such a loser or calling someone else a jerk

<SNIP>
End of PART 1

PART 2

THOUGHT-ERROR-ANALYSIS OTHERWISE KNOWN AS TEA FORM

All this requires is a pencil and paper. You draw 2 verticle lines on a piece of paper that will create 3 columns. In the first column, label it THOUGHT(S). In the 2nd column, label it ERROR(S).3rd column label it ANALYSIS or ANSWER.

When you have a thought,write it under the THOUGHT column, then proceed to ERROR,(With the ERROR COLUMN, refer to the list of THINKING ERRORS above to label the error) then on to ANALYSIS/ANSWER.

Ok, here's an example of a THOUGHT for your first column: The TEA Form exercise won't help me.

ERROR: From the list above, this answer would be "JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS"

ANALYSIS/ANSWER: I won't know until I try it. If I try it and it works, I'll be glad Itook the time to do it.

__________________________________________________ __________________

2ND EXAMPLE:

THOUGHT: The TEA Form will be too difficult.

ERROR: JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS AND EMOTIONAL BLOCKING

ANALYSIS: It feels this way because I'm overwhelming myself with negative thoughts. Things are rarely as difficult as they appear to be.

__________________________________________________ _____________________

3rd EXAMPLE:

THOUGHT: I'm not very good at stuff like this

ERROR: GLOBALISING,REALITY FILTER, NAMING AND JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS

ANALYSIS: Now, I'm making excuses to keep from trying this. No wonder I don't want to try with all the negatives swirling around in my head. I'll never find out if I don't try it. The sooner I get to working on this exercise, the sooner all those irrational thoughts will disappear and I will begin to feel better. It will become easier after doing it several times. I can do most things when I put my mind to it.