PDA

View Full Version : Looking for answers

nicreed76
11-23-2009, 11:33 AM
I am new to this site and looking for help.

I am a 33 year old mother of 3. I have had several health issues over the past 10 yrs that have usually ended up being diagonsed as stress realated which I am not so convinced that is correct. This will probably be long so PLEASE bare with me

About 12 years ago I started having chest pain, palpations, rapid heart beat and after lots of test was told I have mital valve prolapse and I was also having anxiety attacks worring about everything but was assured my heart was healthy. I was put on medicaiton to lower my blood pressure in order to control the palpatation and have really had no problems with it since, however still taking meds for it. A fews years later I had my first child and my anxiety was high and the drs put me on Xanex which I am still taking. On and off over the years I have had bouts of chest pain, shortness of breath, dizziness etc. After still worring that something is not right with my heart I had more test run and a few yeas ago I was diagnosed with GERD and am taking Prevacid but still get chest pain from time to time.

About a year ago I started having a numb feeling in the center of my back and have had tingling feeling all over for years however the numbness in my back comes and goes. Once again saw a dr. They thought it was my gallbladder, after several scans and testing all was normal once again was told it was stress related and GERD stuff. Saw my cardio dr around the same time who did a stress test and confirmed my heart looked fine and he didn't feel it was heart related either.

About three months ago I started have tons of jaw pressure and pressure around my ears. A week went by and the right side of my lip started to sag. I saw a Neuro who said it was possible bells palsy however not sure since it didn't get that bad however still suffering from jaw pain and pressure.

NOW....chest pain in flaring up again along with the dizziness, and shortness of breathe with little or no effort, along with the jaw pain and tightness in my chest. The feeling of my heart pounding out of my chest from time to time. I find myself always checking my pulse. I know all these symptoms are warning signs of a heart attack but after tons of testing have been reassured my heart is healthy, blood pressure is a bit low due to meds but good. So am I panicing for nothing....is it that I have all these wierd things going on that just mimic the warning signs of heart problems when really it isn't.

If anyone has some advice, I would so greatly appreciate it so I could move forward.

Thanks so much!!!

Shuswapgal
11-24-2009, 03:30 PM
Well I am definitely not a doctor but I am a mother and I tend to have anxiety about things and I have friends that have experienced all sorts of different symptoms with no diagnosis.

Now I am wondering if these symptoms might be continuing because this is something that is imbedded into your mind. You are worried, stressed out about these problems that you are having and maybe they are happening because you have convinced yourself that there is something really wrong with you.

I have had instances in my life when I physically make myself sick, because I believe that I am sick and that there is something really wrong with me. I have now come to the conclusion that I am not sick and my thoughts are making me sick. I actually believe it 100% and it causes it to happen.

Now I am not saying that there isn't something actually wrong with you, but have you ever thought about this possiblity?

I'm wondering if you can try to focus 100% on your children and anything else besides what you think is happening with you. In no way am I telling you to not listen to your body, but maybe the worry is causing the symptoms and not an actual life or death issue.

I could be way off base here, but I've realized many things over the past few years and one of the biggest lessons for me, is that words and energy are way more powerful then anyone really realizes. I have proved over and over again that with the power of words and my mind, that I can overcome sickness and obstacles just with those two tools. It really does work, you just have to believe.

I know I may sound crazy to some, but just try it for yourself. If you actual believe that you are going to get sick, then you WILL get sick.

I hope that you find some peace and answers with your problems and I wish you all the best and a happy healthy life for you and your children.