PDA

View Full Version : ANXIOUS ABOUT BEING ANXIOUS

angelmum63
11-19-2009, 03:23 AM
hello,

i am hoping there is someone out there who has successfully dealt with being anxious about being anxious.

i am happy to say that after arming myself with loads of knowledge on anxiety attacks and how to deal with them i have not had an anxiety attack in four days now. my attacks wake me from sleep and although i am happy to have had peace for a few nights i seem to be spoiling the freedom of it all by being anxious all day about if i am going to have another anxiety attack in the night. i have been anxiety free before and they have come back, so i'm not going to kid myself in thinking they won't come back again.

can anybody help me with this please?

Belle
11-19-2009, 03:40 AM
Congrats on no anxiety attacks, you've done a great job! Anxious about being anxious is what keeps us all in the spiral of anxiety and is the main reason we stay anxious for so long. But these are just negative thoughts we pain ourselves with and they are useless and harmful in recovery. You know what anxiety is, you know how to deal with it when it happens, so what if you have another one, you will deal with it and get over it as you have been and tomorrow will be a new day.
Stay positive and focus on what you've learnt, you haven't had any attacks in the night so far and who's to say you will? You won't because you've learnt how to deal with them, and if you do? It doesn't mean your back at square one, but don't be content to think 'who am I kidding' your not kidding anyone, you've done some hard work to have 4 nights without it and it WILL stay like that. Sending you lots of positive vibes.... ;)

angelmum63
11-19-2009, 01:14 PM
thanks Belle.... thanks heaps. note to self, 'remember good advice from Belle' !

jb
11-27-2009, 11:22 AM
Does anyone feel they can't or don't want to eat when they are anxious because they are so wrapped up in their anxiety

angelmum63
11-27-2009, 11:58 AM
hello 'jb',

i would assume it would be quite normal not to feel like eating when ur feeling anxious. i must say food doesnt even cross my mind when i am feeling that way. try not to worry about it as it will only feed the anxiety... when u do have a break from anxiety eat then.. i also use the reprieve from anxiety to catch up on sleep.

have u read anything on 'mindfulness'... i also found this helps too.

http://www.panicattacks.com.au/mindful/mind.html

hope this helps,

diane

jb
11-29-2009, 08:53 AM
I feel like when I wake up in the morning I feel nauseous and then worry all day whether I will be able to eat. I eat just enough to get me by. I used to love to eat until this anxiety came along. I know if I don't eat I am going to be sick and that is my biggest fear.

mbd96
12-01-2009, 12:08 PM
I feel like when I wake up in the morning I feel nauseous and then worry all day whether I will be able to eat. I eat just enough to get me by. I used to love to eat until this anxiety came along. I know if I don't eat I am going to be sick and that is my biggest fear.

I feel this way too! I find that I'm forcing myself to eat. I am losing weight and I keep telling myself that it's the anxiety and not something else. My doc doesn't want me to get anymore tests until I've been on my meds for 3 weeks and I'm only on day 8.

jb
12-05-2009, 03:09 PM
I am eating much better now. The zoloft kicked in and I am weaning off of Klonopin after being on it for 3 weeks. Hope you feel better

jbii
12-05-2009, 08:03 PM
Does anyone feel they can't or don't want to eat when they are anxious because they are so wrapped up in their anxiety

hello fellow jb.

I can relate. my appetite goes down when I am anxious. I wish I could deal with it better.

jb
12-09-2009, 02:45 PM
I tried weaning off klonopin I guess I wasn't ready. Hopefully the zoloft will really kick in soon. I feel like I'm obessed with my anxiety which is causing more anxiety.

hypnogood
12-12-2009, 07:19 PM
After we experiences a panic attack for the first time, the experience can be so impacting that it leaves a strong imprint on the persons psyche. This mental imprint generates a cycle or loop of anxiety whereby the person develops an unhealthy fear of having another panic attack. People can spend anywhere from months to years caught in this repetitive cycle of anxiety.

What you should do is to break free of the cycle of fear-panic attack-fear and return to normal everyday living. The key to stopping having these attacks is to stop fearing them and living in constant expectation of another outburst. This all seems very simple and straightforward, but it’s easier said than done. You can find some self help course for your issues.

I used Panic Away program which works fine to me. It instructs you how to get out of this endless loop. Break this cycle of fear with a tool that allows a person to never fear another panic attack. This has been the end solution for the thousands of people Joe Barry has taught so far.