PDA

View Full Version : Afraid to talk about my fears?

plasticjack
11-17-2009, 04:38 PM
Hi there. Glad I found this place! Does anyone here find that whenever they are dealing with a fear of some sort, particularly health related issues, that talking about it with a loved one or doctor only seems to make it worse in your mind?

In other words that by talking about it with someone only confirms that it IS an issue. That by not talking about it, it will go away?

angelmum63
11-17-2009, 08:43 PM
I think most of us have been there. In my case I didn't want to talk about it because it made it more real and freaked me out. I guess I was in denial. So, yes, I do understand and I do agree with you.
BUT I have since found out if you talk with the right people... who have either been there, done that or people going through the same/similar struggles it really does help. It has brought me a sense of peace reading about how people have learned to control their anxiety, or even lessened it and it also has helped just knowing that I am not alone and that there is definitely many others out there facing the same fears and experiencing the struggles of it all.
Not sure if I have been of any help to you .. hope so,

Diane