PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Days

lookin_on_the_briteside
03-07-2006, 04:33 PM
Hello!

ok well as seems to be the trend here lately I AM NEW TOO!! so let me just be brief.

I am a college student and my course load is heavy. Aside from that, I just got a new job and am in the process of training for it, while still working yet another job and going to school. Last week my mom had a seizure that I witnessed and to my great surprise I was completely calm and everything went smoothly. Naturally, the next day and since then I have been feeling like at any moment I will have a seizure too (this phenomenon has not been helped with all my sinus issues!)

At any rate, since the episode last week I have also decided to quit smoking gradually. I have done extremely well going from a pack a day down to at most 5 cigarettes per day.

ok to recap...I'm working a job, training for a second job, going to school, and quitting smoking, all while trying to alleviate fears of having a seizure.
SOMEONE PLease just tell me this will pass! my anxiety has been running rampant since last week! SHould I try to WAIT to quit smoking? just to relieve some of the anxiety and stress? EEP!

soshy
03-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Hi lookin_on_the_brightside, and welcome on board. Wow, you have a TON going on in your life right now. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. Hope she is doing ok.

Hey, I've never been one to tell a person not to stop smoking, but it must be hard with everything you are going through. One thing is, smoking does add to anxiety; so maybe this is a good time to quit. Gosh, you are already down to a few a day. I think you're doing great ;) ! One of my friends quit about six months ago. She first went cold-turkey for about a couple of weeks but then she started up again. Soon after she picked up some Nicorette gum and she hasn't smoked since and she feels great!

As for your worry of having a seizure, I think you are feeling very stressed right now; and when we're stressed we're great at worrying. Do you have a history of seizures?

Hope to see you back soon - soshy

lookin_on_the_briteside
03-09-2006, 01:38 PM
hey soshy!

thanks for your insight! to answer your question...No. I've never had a seizure, it's just the anxiety working overtime. I'm one of those "anticipatory" anxiety sufferers. When something happens around me I become convinced the same thing will happen to me no matter how ridiculous or farfetched it seems. Guess I can thank the anxiety-fairy for that, huh?

Have a Great Day!