PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety every couple of years?

Jake8888
11-08-2009, 12:29 PM
Iv always had a lot of anxiety threw out my life I'm 20 but it seems like every couple of years I go through stages of it that brings me to the point that I just want to break down and I hate I'm a hypochondriac but I'm just wondering if anybody else gets this i always have anxiety but I just want to know why it gets worse in different stages of my life but lately iv been having it 24/7 ad iv never had it this bad any suggestions or input would be very helpful thankyou

danstelter
11-08-2009, 04:20 PM
Well, anxiety is much like having gas in the tank. If you think of a full tank of gas as being that time when your life is incredibly anxious, like it is now, then the following metaphor might be helpful. Each little bit of anxiety that you experience continues to build up inside your body and head unless you deal with it in a constructive manner. At certain points in your life, like now, there are more things around you causing tons of anxiety and this continues to fill your tank up until it feels full and you want to break down like you do now. Ask yourself some questions about how things in your life are going right now...is your job stressing you out? Are your significant interpersonal relationships stressing you out? Are there other events/traumas causing you increased stress and grief in your life? The more areas of your life that are stressful and causing you difficulty, the more anxious that you will feel. All I can say is to reduce those stressful things as much as you can and everything will be okay. But, you have to develop more constructive ways of dealing with the anxiety...let me know if you would like to know more about this.