PDA

View Full Version : anxious about being anxious

ozten
11-07-2009, 09:01 PM
Well i hate to say that im back, after about 12 months of being anxiety free and totally forgetting i even used to get anxious i have fallen off the bandwagon :cry: ive had a few family dramas of late with my dad being really ill for a while, then he got really bad which caused me to get anxious then all of a sudden im like oh crap i remember this feeling which started me worrying even more and feeling yucky, now all the problems have gone life is great once again, well all except i am still bloody anxious, basically i am anxious about being anxious if that makes sense, ill wake up and think hey i feel pretty good today, then i think hmmm i wonder if i will get anxious today so then the worrying begins about whether ill be anxious again.... I hope this is making sense, does anyone have any tips, i really do have nothing to worry about....

11-07-2009, 11:05 PM
Hi Ozten

I think the important thing here is to realise you went 12 months without anxiety which in itself is a fantastic effort, i wish i could go 12 hours with out it at the moment.

Focus on that you have done it once and done it so well, you know you can do it again, A set back or relapse is not a failure by any means.

angelmum63
11-11-2009, 08:53 PM
I don't usually talk on forums.. but i was reading here about being anxious about being anxious... and i sure can relate to that. i wish i had the answers. i've been trying to find someone who is going thru what i am going thru because i need for someone to understand and maybe with people going thru the same suffering we can find our answers. i used to get panic attacks... u know the sweating, palpitations, feeling like ur being suffocated.. all those horrible things.. and yeah they went away... but the last few months i've been getting up in the early hours of the morning feeling all anxious... not so much the palpitations... but the feeling suffocated, and overheated.. and feeling like i need to escape somehow but don't know how.. i'm really scared... and now during the day it is like i'm trying to recover from the night before but feeling all anxious and scared that it is going to happen again. i don't know what to do, but i know i got to do something. does anybody understand this horrible fear of mine??????????? :cry:

green_light28
11-16-2009, 01:43 PM
I have this problem too where I'm constantly worried about being anxious. It's like you're afraid of getting in this knot of anxiety and experience those horrible feelings.

angelmum63
11-16-2009, 07:36 PM
hey, lately i have been focusing on keeping busy.... to keep my mind off being anxious about being anxious... from house work to walking to reading... even writing in a journal... it gets tiring but i'm determined to put a stop to this. so far so good.. i have actually had three nights (a record for me these days) of not getting woken with an anxiety attack.

try it.... it can't make things worse!

good luck,

Diane

Belle
11-16-2009, 08:03 PM
That's the horrible cycle of anxiety we find ourselves in. You hit the nail on the head though, you went 12 months without anxiety and forgot about it... now you've remembered and it's on your mind everyday again.
So I think fear of it, hating it, all the negative associations that go with it make it worse and don't let us forget. Keeping busy is a good way, and not worrying about how your feeling, like, you feel sick, so what. Or ok I feel sick let me stop, relax, breath it out. I actually found not doing anything to try and take my mind off it was better than keeping myself busy (because when I stopped being busy it was back).
When I would be in bed and be horribly anxious to the point I thought I might go crazy, I lay still and let the anxiety do what it wanted, I felt the wave of it run up and down, but instead of panicking I just lay still and eventaully stopped fearing it and bang, it would go away. Sometimes allowing what your feeling rather than fighting it can help, it's more relaxing and the fear will stop once you realise it can't hurt you, does that make sense?