PDA

View Full Version : Exercise, Exercise, EXERCISE!

Captain Deep Breath
11-06-2009, 02:24 PM
Anxiety can totally wipe you out. What are some tricks to get a little energy. When i get home at night time i just feel like falling flat on my face onto the mattress.

Physical activity is supposed to be a good cure for anxiety and depression, but how to get started when you feel this way lol!

Robbed
11-06-2009, 03:39 PM
Physical activity is supposed to be a good cure for anxiety and depression, but how to get started when you feel this way lol!

A couple of things to consider here. First of all, start small. NOBODY is telling you that you must get off that bed and run a marathon. That's just not possible for ANYBODY to do who is not up to that level of fitness. If 10 minutes of walking is all you can muster at this point in time, then do that and gradually work that time up. Also, keep in mind that, although you may feel bad when you start doing something like walking, you will eventually feel better while you do it (even if you might only feel a little better at first). You will probably find that you feel MUCH better after walking than you thought you ever would before you started your walk (I just used walking as an example, but you might prefer to do something else).

Anyway, don't forget that a key point is to start small. If your plans are too ambitious, you will just burn yourself out, and probably want to stop altogether. So do something that is sustainable.