PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, Depression, Low self Esteem and Confidence.

Redbyname
11-06-2009, 06:08 AM
Hi Everybody

I am new to this Forum and hope this message finds you all well. My wife passed away recently from skin cancer which had spread to her lungs and then her brain. She had to endure a leg amputation prior to the spread of the disease and was confined to a wheelchair. I had to give up my job to look after her and our two little boys aged 2 and 6.

Since my wife has been gone I have been flooded with negative thoughts, anxiety, depression and little or no confidence. I wondered if any other members of this forum who are suffering from depression for what ever reason, find their minds full of negative thoughts, anxiety, low self esteem and no self confidence. What can one do to try to overcome these feelings? Is there any information available to destroy these negative thoughts, overcome my anxiety and regain my confidence.

I would love to hear anyones thoughts, personal experiences relating to your depression and if you have found anything that has helped you come out of your depression.

Best wishes to you all

duster
12-17-2009, 09:16 AM
I can not say I have been in your exact situation. It sounds like a whole lot to deal with. I'm sorry for you. I found alot of help through spirituality and being around alot of love. I don't know exactly how to explain it. I think there are so many ways to help yourself. You are and have gone through something so difficult I think it is ok to be depressed. Little by little you can get out of it. As far as getting rid of negative thoughts, that is something I struggle with and I think the more positive actions you take the more they will go away. Don't let it overcome you understand you ahve work to do you have your life ahead. There is more for you to accomplish and enjoy.