PDA

View Full Version : Tickly cough/constricting throat

socal21
11-05-2009, 04:00 AM
I was wondering if any of you get a tickly cough due to your anxiety? Ever since all this happened, I've been getting this annoying tickly cough that comes and goes. I am just going about my day when all of a sudden I get this tingly tickly sensation right at the bottom of my throat which makes me cough one little cough. It's annoying and it gets worse at night and when I'm trying to sleep. It also feels like my throat is getting tighter. Sometimes drinking water helps to calm it down. I've never had allergies before. Is it possible that this could be an allergic reaction to something instead of being from the anxiety?

Robbed
11-05-2009, 04:57 PM
This can be an anxiety symptom. A friend of mine had this REALLy pesistently some years ago. And he has some pretty serious anxiety problems. It also seems like I might get it from time to time, even though I don't have an allergy problem (and it will occur when allergies would not even be an issue). So yes, this is likely anxiety related. As with any anxiety symptom, try not to get too worked up about it. Besides, this sort of thing usually passes fairly quickly anyway.