PDA

View Full Version : scared of goin out

andyp
11-02-2009, 08:24 AM
hi people just wanted to no if any 1 was like me

when i need to go any were i feel sick and most of the time i am sick or when my friends say lets go out for a drink or something im scared and got this strange feeling im 21 with 2 children and at the moment thay dont have a go out dad i try and find resons not to go out i dont eat when im out cos i feel sick and just wont to be home at all times cos i no its safe

thanks for reading

aSoundMind
05-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Andrew -

The longer you stay inside, the harder it is to go out. There is something to be said about becoming sensitized.

Part of overcoming agoraphobia means desensitizing yourself little by little to the situation that makes you anxious.

If that means going out and being around people, then that is exactly what you need to do.....baby steps of course!

I was just like you, the more anxiety I had, the harder I found it to go out and participate in every life. Anywhere there were people....I was
uncomfortable.

It's takes a while to ovecome this but you can. Your safe place can be anything, anyone (even YOU), or anywhere. It is about expanding
your comfort zone little by little.

Please be patient with yourself. Take your time. Everyone's different....

lunalady
05-20-2010, 07:42 AM
Hi Andrew,

This may sound harsh, but a part of getting better is to force yourself to go out even though you feel sick. The symptoms of anxiety are really awful, and it makes sense to try to avoid them by staying in. But you know you can't live the life you need or want by staying in.

So you need to feel your fear and do it anyways. Gradually. Try to take a short trip down the block or something, you'll feel the sick feeling, but you won't die, I promise.

Once you're out, you will learn that nothing bad will happen to you, and the feelings of being sick will start to subside.

Good luck!
Jill

nomedsforme
06-20-2010, 04:00 AM
I am new here. Simple yet true. Get out. it works.