PDA

View Full Version : Short anxious feeling - Brief help wanted.

dadgadd
03-05-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm just looking for brief help here, posting on behalf of my significant other. She lives quite a significant distance away from me (separate countries), and has recently been experiencing brief "panic attacks" of sorts - however very brief, as opposed to fully fledged panic attacks, with symptoms not quite as serious. She described it as a sudden fear/panicky feeling, for no particular reason - and then feeling sick afterwards. They come and go, and disturb her sleep occasionally.
The problem doesn't seem serious, however it is of course cause for concern.
She has blamed the problem on the terms of our relationship (IE seeing each other ~every two months, which is unavoidable) and missing me because of this, and also a lot of schoolwork bundled onto her lately.

What I'm looking for is an online diagnosis of sorts, and although not guaranteed accurate of course any help would be much appreciated, even a name of something which I can Google for.
Your help in this matter would be much appreciated, and if you need any further information I can provide it.

shoe
03-06-2006, 07:34 AM
dadgadd,

You can check the resources section, here's a link to the post for online screening tests:
http://www.anxietyforum.net/forum/about113.html