PDA

View Full Version : New Doctor Visit

DMess
10-20-2009, 03:37 PM
Sorry, I am new to the forums and need to post this before I introduce myself.

Tomorrow I have an appointment with a new GP. I am not seeing a counselor now, or on meds (when I decided to swicth drs in May I didn't go see my old one for my refills, I was too nervous about seeing her when I am leaving her).

I got an appointment for a new one, but didn't go threw the steps I should have. I needed to get my medical records sent over, but I didn't, because of my INTENSE anxiety. I know my new dr needs them, and I am worried about how she'll react. I don't want to go, but that is not an option.

Basically, what want I need now, to ease my anxiety for tomorrow is just what type of reaction I should expect out of my doctor, considering I didn't get the records sent over.

I don't know what I want/need actually. I just don't know how to get threw the appointment at all.

socal21
10-20-2009, 04:51 PM
Well... If you didn't get the records over you could just tell her why you didn't. The worst that could happen is she will get annoyed. If so, you could always find another doctor who is much more understanding of your fears.