PDA

View Full Version : Medience is preferable,but it's only a back up band aid

whitecat
07-06-2005, 09:19 PM
I've had agoraphobia now for over what seems like an eternity,at times.

At first I had thought it to be severe shyness,when I was a young child.
Then as time rifted onward my symptoms had gotten only worse.
Until one day I found myself literally paralized to walk outside of my apartment.

This had happened years pryer. But hauntinglly,has only now come back again full force as if it had never gone away.

I know when this occurs and why.
At least I know the signs and patterns of my emotional illness.

I haven't had a real date for over two years now.
This deals with my agoraphobia(which in my past I has thought it to be wholelly social phobia).

I lose contact,or make exscuses for meetings with friends and or family.
I haven't worked a job for almost four year's now.
And the mall is as terrifying to me as an electric chair.

But when I do go out for chores such as:grocery shopping,laundry,etc...
It takes me time to gather any courage to do so.
I basically power walk there and rush like a mad dog to get back home as soon as humanlly possiblle.

My most horibble fears are:being laughed at(people knowing I am not really that attractive outside,anyone knowing I'm poor and on SSDI),anyone knowing I'm on Section 8.

Basically,my biggest fear is-people knowing things about me that I find absolutelly humiliating and degrading.

Weither this article is posted on this site or not I just need a few tips and suggestions on how to deal with this again,and how to put people in thier place maturally(if they cannot accept who I am,flaws and all).

I'm just suffering. And need help now. Any pointers,or anyone suffering as terrible as myself?

[/b]

desperateDave
07-07-2005, 11:14 AM
Id love an answer to those questions too, i cant get people to understand me and my problems or accept me they seem to always look down on me and judge me it sucks! I even get laughed at too :(
I have some similar problems to you but its not agoraphobia for me its social phobia, still I am running home when i can to avoid people so i can associate a little

creeklady
07-15-2005, 04:42 PM
I totaly can relate to saying ok I can do this when I am in line at the grocery store and all off a sudden ther eare abuch of carts behind me and several in front of me and I get to start unloading what i was getting and I am feeling very closed in and like everyone is watching me peoples words start to ecco and I start to freeze up at this point I try to remain clam and if there is apop or water or somthign by the check out I grab one and start drinking it some times by chnaging what you are doing at the time or like drinking soem thing cold your other sinces take over I am not saying that it works all the time but I am trying to have coping skills like I said it doent always work but I figure if it works 1 time out of 6 I am making progress IUhave left many of shopping carts filled with grocery's in a store I feel bad for doing it but???? I have to get out !!!!!!! now!!!!!

jerseygirl
07-18-2005, 04:39 PM
Whitecat,
Glad to see you found our site. Even though its up and coming im sure that you'll learn alot from the people here. Atleast here you will find people who care and understand what your going thru. As for the other people in this cruel world, tell em to piss off. If they arent gonna like ya or wanna be around you cuz ur supposedly "different" then them or not int the same tax bracket as them well then "SCREW EM", for a lack of better words. HEHEHE
I find talking online alot with other sufferers really gives me the courage to do the everyday things that I find difficult. Believe in yourself and the rest will just all fall in place. Take care of yourself and keep us posted how things are going. :D

Jerseygirl

klb
08-13-2005, 08:11 AM
I totaly can relate to saying ok I can do this when I am in line at the grocery store and all off a sudden ther eare abuch of carts behind me and several in front of me and I get to start unloading what i was getting and I am feeling very closed in and like everyone is watching me peoples words start to ecco and I start to freeze up at this point I try to remain clam and if there is apop or water or somthign by the check out I grab one and start drinking it some times by chnaging what you are doing at the time or like drinking soem thing cold your other sinces take over I am not saying that it works all the time but I am trying to have coping skills like I said it doent always work but I figure if it works 1 time out of 6 I am making progress IUhave left many of shopping carts filled with grocery's in a store I feel bad for doing it but???? I have to get out !!!!!!! now!!!!!

Its a control thing....see you feel like you are confined in the grocery store line with carts in front and behind you...do you get like that at the red light? especially if you have cars in front and back of you?

lisa marie
02-27-2006, 01:47 PM
hi my name is lisa i think coping woith anxiety is terrefying some thing takes over your body you cant do anything about it either this website is good because you dont feel alone any more ive got agrophobia as well when i do go out its usally on my bike so i can go to and fro quickly im smoking more now than ever before its such a lot to cope with all at once i think its a day to dat thing lisa marie

The Healing Guy
11-22-2006, 07:12 PM
I am here to lend a helping hand. I am a healer. I do long-distance healing purely on a donation basis. If you are truly ready to start turning things around, just drop me a line at:

[email protected]

No strings attached. Just you and me and healing energy. Remember, you are always the real healer!

Sincerely,
Michael[b]

kevin
12-07-2006, 04:50 AM
I am here to lend a helping hand. I am a healer. I do long-distance healing purely on a donation basis. If you are truly ready to start turning things around, just drop me a line at:

[email protected]

No strings attached. Just you and me and healing energy. Remember, you are always the real healer!

Sincerely,
Michael[b]

OK healing guy why don't you offer up some advice then maybe I'll give you a donation.

The Healing Guy
12-07-2006, 10:08 AM
I'm not here to offer advice or receive donations. If I could edit the post it would read FREE instead of donations. I honestly just want to help people in need if I can. I'm not really interested in people's life story or what they think is wrong with them. I work with energy and energy both involves and transcends the mental, emotional, physical. I am basically just a conduit for the Cosmic or Universal Energy which runs through me to the client. The client is truly the healer as their own internal CIA (central intelligence agency) knows exactly what is needed. The energy work is effective regardless of the client's beliefs and ideas and whether they believe in this Energy or not. If you or others would like to know more, or would like to do a distance healing session (no phone involved) please e-mail me and include a recent photo and a short description of your main problem (s).

Sincerely,
Michael

Bubbywu
12-08-2006, 03:49 AM
HI Whitecat,
I was diagnosed with Agoraphobia when I was 21 years old. I was homebound for 6 months aside from being dragged kicking and screaming by my parents to a doctor. I was lucky enough to get a therapist back then who specialized in anxiety disorders long before they were ever talked about. I agree with jerseygirl in the point that if people walk away from you now or think you're weird, screw them. I found out who my REAL friends were at that time. Your real friends will be there no matter what. Whether they understand or not!! Forever!!! I went through hypnotherapy to start driving again. Next came a job which I got in the Dental field. Knowing nothing about the field!! My family took me to Hong Kong as my first trip out of the house! I'm now 37, and haven't worked for 2 years now. My husband is my hero for never not supporting me through this. We met back when I was back on my feet. I never thought it would come back this bad again. I always tell myself ( a friend told me when first homebound) that God gives the toughest challenges to the strongest people because He knows we can handle it. A day at a time.
Keep writing.
;)

Chele

kevin
01-24-2007, 03:54 AM
I'm not here to offer advice or receive donations. If I could edit the post it would read FREE instead of donations. I honestly just want to help people in need if I can. I'm not really interested in people's life story or what they think is wrong with them. I work with energy and energy both involves and transcends the mental, emotional, physical. I am basically just a conduit for the Cosmic or Universal Energy which runs through me to the client. The client is truly the healer as their own internal CIA (central intelligence agency) knows exactly what is needed. The energy work is effective regardless of the client's beliefs and ideas and whether they believe in this Energy or not. If you or others would like to know more, or would like to do a distance healing session (no phone involved) please e-mail me and include a recent photo and a short description of your main problem (s).

Sincerely,
Michael

Why don't you start offering advice and show us how good of a healer you are publicly.

jitters
01-25-2007, 02:36 AM
Why don't you start offering advice and show us how good of a healer you are publicly.

Yes impart your great healing knowledge and let us be healed. :bow: hallelujah.

And he said unto them. "Do not be worried" and lo they where unanxious. And all where amazed and bowed down before the great wisdom of the healing guy. And then he said onto them free yourselves of the shakles of capitalism and send me your money, and they did as the great man asked and where free of the monetry prison in which they had been living. And then just as the healing guy vanished into the ether of the interweb. And all where sorely thankful for his great powers.

Duncan :lol:

jitters
01-25-2007, 02:41 AM
But seriously whitecat Welcome to the board, I know what you are going through. I've been there. Try and get therapy, talk about your illness with others posting here is a good frst step. Smile.

Stay Strong

Any Questions we are here.

Duncan

The Healing Guy
02-06-2007, 08:09 AM
I haven't checked in to he forum recently as I've been busy with my work. Nice surprise. I guess I should clear a few things up given the recent posts directed at me and my offer to help interested people through distance energy healing.

I have worked with a few people from this forum. A few haven't continued the work and this is their choice but obviously they will not receive the full benefit of the sessions. I know a few have received at least some benefit so far. The work for those who are curious is a combination of Reiki and Quantum Touch. Both are energy healing modalities and I find that combined they can be quite effective. Distance healing plays an integral role in both modalities, along with one on one in-person sessions.

Although I also offer advice and words of encouragement, I make no claim to being a man of wisdom and high philosophy. Look elsewhere if that's what you seek. But if you are open to the idea of energy healing, and would like to work with me, than as I have said all along, I am here for you. I make time for people on this forum only as I have a regular practise where I need to make a living.

I repeat, serious and open-minded forum friends can send me a recent photo of themselves, and a short blurb on their current problem as well as name, age, location, and current living/working situation.

We will take it from there.

For those who are skeptical, I have nothing to prove.
For those who want easy do-it-for-you miracles I have nothing to offer.
For those who want so-called words of wisdom and intellectual games, I'm not your guy.
For those who want to argue and bicker and judge, I ask you this - Do you want to get better and take back control of your life or do you want to stay angry, play the helpless victim, and live up in your head forever? What I offer is not a stand-alone miracle one-shot deal. Remember this please - if you are expecting or hoping that someone or something is going to come along and take away your troubles and suffering, you will be waiting until the cows come home! The only way you will turn things things around is with global lifestyle changes that address exercise, relaxation, diet, therapy, and daily willingness to test your boundaries and step slowly out of your comfort zone. My work, and likely most things you try, will not have any lasting effects if this is not your approach! Think about it. Are you doing all that you can? If not, why?

Either way, as I have said before, I consider you all brothers and sisters in this life and I wish you health, happiness, and peace.

Sincerely,
The Healing Guy

jitters
02-06-2007, 11:36 AM
For those who want to argue and bicker and judge, I ask you this - Do you want to get better and take back control of your life or do you want to stay angry, play the helpless victim, and live up in your head forever?

People on this board are not angery helpless victims, they are intellegent, creative, strong people. Many are still suffering with anxiety, others are here to help those who are suffering as they did. I do not argue bicker or judge, I leave that to people like you. If however I choose to do so, that does not mean I will not get better or that I have no control over my life.

I make time for people on this forum only as I have a regular practise where I need to make a living.

Obviously. Your generosity astounds me. The people on this board do not need advice from a money grabbing wanna be.

The only way you will turn things things around is with global lifestyle changes that address exercise, relaxation, diet, therapy, and daily willingness to test your boundaries and step slowly out of your comfort zone. My work, and likely most things you try, will not have any lasting effects if this is not your approach! Think about it. Are you doing all that you can? If not, why?

Thankyou for this advice but if this is the sum of you powers, my advice to the people on this board is to seek a QUALIFIED therapist recommended by a REAL doctor. If they want answers regarding their condition and the best methods for treatment they wil find answers here not in the arms of someone who simply claims to understand them and offers UNQULIFIED advice at a COST.

Stay Away from our vunrable members!

Duncan