PDA

View Full Version : Why do we need vitamins ???

jeckston
10-14-2009, 04:23 PM
Vitamins are substances that your body needs to grow and develop normally. There are 13 vitamins your body needs. They are vitamins A, C, D, E, K and the B vitamins (thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, pantothenic acid, biotin, vitamin B-6, vitamin B-12 and folate). You can usually get all your vitamins from the foods you eat. Your body can also make vitamins D and K. People who eat a vegetarian diet may need to take a vitamin B12 supplement.

Each vitamin has specific jobs. If you have low levels of certain vitamins, you may develop a deficiency disease. For example, if you don’t get enough vitamin D, you could develop rickets. Some vitamins may help prevent medical problems. Vitamin A prevents night blindness.

The best way to get enough vitamins is to eat a balanced diet with a variety of foods and also you can get vitamins as tablets through Online Pharmacy without prescriptions.

Robbed
10-23-2009, 09:12 PM
I both agree and disagree with what you are saying here. On one hand, I disagree with the notion that we should avoid things that cause anxiety. I firmly believe that facing fears is key to recovery. But I agree that we should not take an iron-fisted approach to exposure. We SHOULD challenge ourselves to do things that are anxiety-provoking. But we should NEVER force ourselves to do these things. As Claire Weekes puts it, we should 'float', and not 'force' or 'fight'. Also, allowing yourself an 'out' can be VERY important. Just knowing that you are not 'stuck' in a situation or obligated to stick it out even when anxiety reaches panic levels does MUCH to decrease the stress which leads to the anxiety in the first place.

sm3llyd3c
10-24-2009, 04:36 PM
i thought I'd found away to cope with my panic attacks for a second, but mine just come on with nothing to trigger it. Hm.

Robbed
10-28-2009, 06:36 PM
i thought I'd found away to cope with my panic attacks for a second, but mine just come on with nothing to trigger it. Hm.

Most panic attacks actually ARE unprovoked. When you have anxiety disorder, your mind behaves in an unpredictable way, and causes you to feel anxiety for no apparent reason. The best thing to do here is to accept this free-floating anxiety and panic, and try not to react to it in a negative way. Doing this will help you to realize that panic attacks are not inherently harmful, and will pass. When you lose your fear of them (or at least lose MUCH of your fear of them), your overall level of fear and anxiety will decrease. This will result in fewer panic attacks of any kind (provoked or not).

markko
10-29-2009, 05:16 PM
Hi Jeckson,

I found a similar thing when I used to feel sick in public. I worked out that whenever I went somewhere new, I would quickly spot places I could move off to if i felt sick without people seeing and hearing me.

What I then found was that just by having that "safety net" in place I rarely felt sick. The anxious part of me was calmed and so I didn;t then need to be sick.

After a few years, I no longer need to do this as I now have a habit of not feeling sick in public.

I think you should face your fears, but in very small doses and up the ante each time.

Markko

Robbed
10-29-2009, 05:44 PM
I think you should face your fears, but in very small doses and up the ante each time.

Markko

This is true. Trying to do too much too soon when it comes to facing fears can do more harm than good.