PDA

View Full Version : guilt problems.

rayoflight
10-10-2009, 09:39 AM
hello everyone. i have been experiencing these "guilt" problems for as long as i can remember and i was wondering if anyone else goes through the same things as me.

i feel guilty really easily. sometimes even for things that are not my fault, i just feel guilty about them and it makes me sad. for example, sometimes i'll be watching someone eat, like my grandfather, and i will feel guilty. i look at him and feel sad. or when my mother and i go shopping and i offer to buy her something and she refuses, i feel guilty.

and it's literally for even little things, and sometimes it makes me want to cry. i don't really know how i can otherwise describe this, but does anyone else feel the same way? would you classify this as depression?

saveusrandy
10-10-2009, 10:36 AM
Im better now but I used to have the same type of feelings, but not as bad as you. I used to impulse buy and then when I came home I used to cry because I didnt want to use what a brought and at the time it was my mum who gave me the money, so I felt like I was wasting her money. Of course she wasnt bothered and told me I was being stupid. The thing that helped me get over it was talking to my family and the people closest to me about it. These feelings of guilt were on my mind 24/7 and it could last for days and sometimes even weeks, but trust me it gets easier and eventually you'll feel alot better.

I would class this as a form of depression, but im no doctor. I dont want to say what you have is depression and then you feel worse.

kitten123
10-12-2009, 05:58 PM
yes im the same sometimes.for example if i see a disabled person or someone with learning difficulties i feel guilty and really sad or if i see an old man trip it makes me feel really bad even tho its not my fault.im not sure if id class it as depression but im not a doctor,i think its more likely that ur just a highly sensitive person like i am.

sammypetter
02-02-2010, 04:40 AM
hello everyone. i have been experiencing these "guilt" problems for as long as i can remember and i was wondering if anyone else goes through the same things as me.

i feel guilty really easily. sometimes even for things that are not my fault, i just feel guilty about them and it makes me sad. for example, sometimes i'll be watching someone eat, like my grandfather, and i will feel guilty. i look at him and feel sad. or when my mother and i go shopping and i offer to buy her something and she refuses, i feel guilty.

and it's literally for even little things, and sometimes it makes me want to cry. i don't really know how i can otherwise describe this, but does anyone else feel the same way? would you classify this as depression?

Mostly I just like to avoid the usual increased attempts to convert me, or the ostracization when they fail. It's usually some degree of one of those two things, if not both.

MikeJsimon
03-10-2010, 12:14 PM
No, yop are not .
Its just that we are all scared and insecure in some way and to some degree and indulging in the familiar feeling of guilt and sorrow is often easier than learning from our mistakes and dealing with our unhappiness.

Quoted from:
http://ezinearticles.com/?Why-Some-People-Enjoy-Self-Punishment&id=1778528

Namrata
04-01-2010, 02:58 AM
According to me, feeling guilty always makes you culprit of your self and make you feel depressed of what you have not done and results in trouble in sleeping.

If you are feeling some guilt then try to turn your mind to positive side as this will help to recover soon from this and also, go for some relaxation therapies that will make your mind relax.

Thanks