PDA

View Full Version : I cant breathe...

xgemma06x
10-05-2009, 08:52 PM
Hi

I have severe anxiety and for the last few days i have been feeling like i cant breathe properly and im struggling to catch my breath.

Im scared im going to die, and my parents go on holiday for a week this sunday!!

Why cant i breathe??

candystarrstarr
10-06-2009, 10:07 AM
You can breath trust me it's just ur mind playing tricks! u think ur struggling for breath so u are taking in more oxygen this in itself will make u feel more anxious and panicked, i know because i used to get it all the time.
Read up on the internet about breathing techneques (not sure how u spell that!lol) the slower u breath and the longer u hold ur breath (not too long lol) the better u will feel it help me alot! x :)

rayoflight
10-09-2009, 06:33 PM
this happened to me about a week or so ago. i began having what i thought was an asthma attack, but after my inhaler didn't work after 4 tries (i am only supposed to take 2 per 4 hours) i started getting even more anxious and it was almost like, i kept trying to breathe deeply (like when you sigh) and my lungs stopped me from getting air; or the air that i wanted to get. so i went to the hospital later and they basically told me what the person above said, that it was psychological and my breathing levels were normal.

so just remember that you ARE getting the right amount of oxygen and don't stress yourself out :)