PDA

View Full Version : cbt

lisa marie
03-04-2006, 12:43 PM
hi my name is lisa i was just wondering if any has had cbt to tell me if it is any good ive only had 1 session i have panic attacks i also suffer from agrophobia and the death pohobia lisa

leftie15
03-04-2006, 05:13 PM
hi lisa i'm doing the cbt and itshelped me alot its defentily worth it i think keep goin its works also you on any meds? but i also have had that fear of dyin i no longer worry bout it to much because u can't control it and i figure gonna be so old neways who cares you live your life to the full extent but good luck keep posted

soshy
03-04-2006, 05:24 PM
Hi Lisa Marie - Yeah, I've had cbt and it really helps. Your therapist is like a teacher/mentor and shows you how to counteract your fears. There's a lot of 'homework' but that's how you achieve control over anxiety and phobias.

We have constant negative thoughts consciously and unconsciously. CBT trains our brains to stop the negative(fear/phobia) and replace with positive. Everyone is different and the emphasis on treatment is tailored to their specific fears and situation. A lot of self-talk is involved. Even if you don't believe what you are saying aloud or in your head at first, it does work! Once you do something/a goal that is on your list of fears and you are able to do it without fear, you will be ecstatic because the cbt is working and you are on the road to recovery!

Stick with it and you'll soon be smiling :D !

soshy

lisa marie
03-05-2006, 02:09 PM
:D hi guys thanks 4 replying it sound s great she told me she might b able to get me off my tablets in 8 months that sounds good to me she also told me i suffer from ocb as well have you sufferd from that

soshy
03-06-2006, 10:14 AM
Well, I've been told I'm a perfectionist. Many people with anxiety have perfectionistic traits. I've "over done it" with many things in my life, especially work or tasks/cleaning, but I try not to let my "current obsession" get in the way of something important I need to take care of, and I drop the Windex :D !

soshy

scatmantom
03-07-2006, 09:35 AM
glad to hear your doing well and are coming off the meds.

Great work ;)