PDA

View Full Version : help!

gettyup
03-03-2006, 09:36 PM
my name is heather and i am 23. i had a panic attack in december while at work that lasted for 3 hours! It was horrible. I' ve been on medicine but it doesn't seem to work. I've seen a therapist but that didn't work either. I haven't really left the house since december! I've not been able to work..i'm broke and i'm gonna lose my apartment.....to top that off...i found out that i am pregnant! I don't want a child! I don't want the baby's father either...i wan't an abortion..but the nearest clinic is over two hours away. i can't be in a car that long because i freak out...I don't know what to do! :cry:

soshy
03-04-2006, 06:35 AM
Hi Heather and welcome to the Forum. I'm so sorry to hear things are so hard right now. You've got a lot on your shoulders right now and then adding anxiety on top of everything must be very difficult :( .

In December, was that the first time you experienced anxiety/panic attack? Do you have family or friends that can help?

You can overcome anxiety and live a normal life. I use to be housebound with daily panic attacks. I do not have that anymore. I highly recommend cognitive behavioral therapy (cbt). It's a type of therapy that deals with the 'here and now' problems of anxiety.

Has the medication helped at all? Do you have anyone that you trust that could go with you in the car for the drive?

Come back soon and take care -soshy