PDA

View Full Version : blank mind

njt1990
09-30-2009, 02:50 PM
heya all, my name is naomi, im 19 years of age and have been told i got bipolar disorder, well on the bipolar spectrum. I also have been told i have got aniexty aswell.

I've suffered with anxiety for the past year, havin a fast heart rate and feeling like im going to have an axiety attack. For the past few mouths, after ive been unwell, after being told ive got bipolar disorder, ive had depression, but also my mind has been constrantly blank for the past 4 months is this normal? I believe it isn't because it hasn't shifted, i cant relax and find no relief in the mind even when i am relaxing, due to the blank mind, i cant concentrate, hense why i havent been to work. Its becoming a problem because i cant do normal every day activities. I have had an EEG test and awaiting the results, just woundering if anyone has heard of it ? any comments would be appreiated :)

amyjones
10-08-2009, 12:21 PM
heya all, my name is naomi, im 19 years of age and have been told i got bipolar disorder, well on the bipolar spectrum. I also have been told i have got aniexty aswell.

I've suffered with anxiety for the past year, havin a fast heart rate and feeling like im going to have an axiety attack. For the past few mouths, after ive been unwell, after being told ive got bipolar disorder, ive had depression, but also my mind has been constrantly blank for the past 4 months is this normal? I believe it isn't because it hasn't shifted, i cant relax and find no relief in the mind even when i am relaxing, due to the blank mind, i cant concentrate, hense why i havent been to work. Its becoming a problem because i cant do normal every day activities. I have had an EEG test and awaiting the results, just woundering if anyone has heard of it ? any comments would be appreiated :)

are you on any meds? if so it could be that maybe? my meds make me feel like that - a total blank on eveything

sm3llyd3c
10-08-2009, 01:24 PM
I know how you fell. I've been feeling like a zombie for the last 6 months of whatever I have (Yet to be diagnosed). Having a constant blank brain, working on auto, not feeling emotions properly, feeling detached. Whenever I tried concentrating on something such as a puzzle I would just stare and stare until I got bored, as if working out was beyond the capabilities of my brain. I REALLY want to know what I have. Its probably depression, but it sure is hell.

njt1990
10-09-2009, 03:00 PM
I know how you fell. I've been feeling like a zombie for the last 6 months of whatever I have (Yet to be diagnosed). Having a constant blank brain, working on auto, not feeling emotions properly, feeling detached. Whenever I tried concentrating on something such as a puzzle I would just stare and stare until I got bored, as if working out was beyond the capabilities of my brain. I REALLY want to know what I have. Its probably depression, but it sure is hell.

When you say your feeling like a zombie, could it be the medication making you have a blank mind?

I've had a blank mind even before the medication, at first i thought it was just the bipolar but has time went on you just know in yourself it dont feel right. Do you also find it hard to relax because of the blank mind? I wish it would just shift because its stopping me doing things.

Robbed
10-09-2009, 04:34 PM
When it comes to being diagnosed with bipolar, keep in mind that mental health treatment is an inexact science. MANY people with depression and/or anxiety disorder are diagnosed with bipolar disorder, even if they don't have it.