PDA

View Full Version : Need treatment advice... Downhill slide

hurley21
09-30-2009, 10:27 AM
I am a full time college student and I do not have health insurance. I am fairly certain that I have GAD. For the past two months it has gone from a manageable level to progressively worse and worse. I keep manifesting physical symptoms: eye twitching has been going on for 4 days now, nausea after eating, high beats per minute, etc. I just can't seem to turn it off, its like a pressure cooker. In the past this type of rise has led me to a psychiatric visit because I just snap mentally for a day or two. I do not want to get back to that point. In the past I had used medication, drinking, cutting and other destructive ways and that is (obviously) a lost cause. I want to help myself through exercise, yoga, meditation, etc. However, I can't seem to just get myself calm enough or nausea free long enough to accomplish those things.

Any suggestions for non-medication treatments? Something has got to give.

enrichment09
09-30-2009, 08:04 PM
My advice if you can't do the yoga or exercise would be reading a book, or possibly drawing. Pick up another hobby. The more you distract your mind, I think the anxiety is easier to manage. But start with something light. It is frustrating. I used to smoke a lot of weed, drink, and did some physical damage to myself as well...those are all temporary fixes (minus the physical damage, that's never good). Find something that suits you, and keeps you occupied. I wish you the best of luck.