PDA

View Full Version : Leaving Home & Family

IzzyB
09-15-2009, 08:00 AM
Good day!
My husband and I have just moved into our very first home.
While it should be exciting, I've been crying and feeling 'dislike' towards the home.
I've been crying often because I miss the comfort, memories and my family of where I used to live for 32 years!
I'm very close with my family (mom, dad, sisters) and there was always someone around the house to chat with, hang out with.

Now that I've moved out, I'm super sad, axious and feeling disconnected with the new house.
My mind keeps thinking of the comfort of where I grew up.
Whenever I see or hear my parents or sisters, I cry.
When my husband left for work this morning, I cried.
I don't want to be alone.

Can anyone give me advice? :roll:

coops025
09-15-2009, 09:07 AM
Ah the feeling of being alone when you move out of your comfort zone, Horrible isnt it?

Dont worry it is normal to feel like this. My mum and dad split up and i ended up on my own for the first time and its not nice, just the silence alone in the new house was haunting for me.

It will pass over time i promise you that much, just try to get out if you can when your husband is working intil you get more used to it.

Maybe a pet could be a comforting companion, i bought a ferret haha love my Miffy to bits when im all alone.

ChristineOne
09-25-2009, 04:15 AM
"Loneliness, alienation from life, is a loneliness from your real self. Those who are alienated from their real self have cut themselves off from the basic and fundamental contact with life. Because of the feelings of alienation from self, human contacts are not very satisfying, and they become social recluses. One of the ways they can find themselves is to lose themselves in social activities with other people." - Dr. Maxwell Maltz

Loneliness is really a selfish feeling. The lonely person is focusing on how others are not meeting their needs. One way to overcome loneliness is to 'lose yourself' in making the life of every person that you meet a little better. As you do that more and more, you will find connection with your inner self and you will find your purpose.

But always remember that you're not alone because you a greatest companion in life, it GOD.

GOD BLESS!!