PDA

View Full Version : fight or flight?

candystarrstarr
09-14-2009, 10:19 AM
Hi i read on a websiter that fight or flight mode can be dangerous? please tell me this isnt true as it just freaked me out and has made me feel alot worse :cry:

Wes
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
It isn't true, don't worry. Really, it isn't. The so-called "flight-or-fight mode" is a natural response from the organism, in reaction to situations perceived by the person as threatening.

Did the article specify any example of why and exactly how that could be dangerous? They could be referring to something very specific. Also, always trust only idoneous sources.

James W.
09-29-2009, 04:23 PM
Hi i read on a websiter that fight or flight mode can be dangerous? please tell me this isnt true as it just freaked me out and has made me feel alot worse :cry:

Fight or flight is designed to keep you alive - it feels awful, but in the end there's no way it can hurt you in and of itself.

candystarrstarr
09-30-2009, 03:46 AM
Thanx guys :D god that was the last thing i needed to read! glad it wasnt true i kind of new it wernt but just neede it confirmed for peace of mind or it would of played over in my head!

Wes
09-30-2009, 08:08 AM
Any day in which some anxiety is prevented is a good day :tongue: