PDA

View Full Version : I Am My Own Worst Enemy

pendlebear
09-13-2009, 08:25 AM
Hi - I'm new here, 56 years old, female and have been anxious since childhood, I am also depressed. My worst problem is that I cannot control my thoughts and they are most always negative or catastrophic and I blame myself for everything. It just seems to be getting worse. I am on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds but I am always just so sad. I don't want to live like this anymore, I want to get better but don't know any other way of life.

danstelter
09-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Every human is their own worst enemy and does things that only hurt him or her self, and it sounds like you are too. There is recovery from anxiety, even severe anxiety, but you have to find the right formula that works for you. Medication is only part of the formula, and by itself it cannot cure a condition. Medication can be helpful however. For me, a combination of regular exercise, a healthy diet, counseling, medication, taking risks, venting to friends when needed, and getting engaged in healthy activity in life helped to reduce the anxiety to the point where it is no longer terrible.

You can feel happy and stop feeling sad, but it does take time, and I just want you to know that you can find a formula that works well for you too. Hang in there and be sure to ask questions if you need further help!

pendlebear
09-13-2009, 01:45 PM
Thanks, Dan, for your kind words. The problem is that I don't want to do anything right now. I believe the next step for me is counseling and I will be calling someone tomorrow. I know I need help and I really want it. Thanks for taking the time to write. You have given me hope.