PDA

View Full Version : I Am My Own Worst Enemy

pendlebear
09-13-2009, 07:32 AM
Hi - I'm new here, 56 years old, female and have been anxious since childhood, I am also depressed. My worst problem is that I cannot control my thoughts and they are most always negative or catastrophic and I blame myself for everything. It just seems to be getting worse. I am on anti-depressants and anti-anxiety meds but I am always just so sad. I don't want to live like this anymore, I want to get better but don't know any other way of life. :cry:

Midnight Sky
09-18-2009, 08:03 AM
welcome to my world. im not on anti-depressants but im in therapy and im also on a program i downloaded online, which has been very helpful so far.
still, ive got a long way to go, im full of doubts, and sometimes i also find my thoughts impossible to control. i tend to blame myself for everything (if i dont face my fear i feel guilty, and if i do face them and have a panic attack and "fail", i feel guilty) too.

i'm 24 and ive been emetophobic since i was 7. ive wasted the past 5 years sitting at home doing nothing that counts by society standards.