PDA

View Full Version : Newbie with agoraphobia

canadiangirl80
09-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Hello all :)

I'm new here.. I am a 28 (soon to be 29) year old female living with agoraphobia. I'm currently living with my parents, and I feel like I have no freedom :(

I'm afraid to drive, because I fear getting anxious, losing focus of the road, and crashing. I won't go far from my house on my own.. I just feel like I want to run home when I'm far away.

This all started when I was 17.. I was sat down and I suddenly could not breathe.. my heart was pumping like crazy and it felt like it would not slow down. After that, I was afraid it was going to happen again.. and it gradually got worse and worse until now - I feel like I can go nowhere on my own. I'm afraid I'm going to have an anxiety attack - although I'm not even sure I've ever had one.

I'm always afraid of being left alone, and whenever I have to go somewhere alone or do something stressful, I am always thinking about it for days beforehand.. making myself feel sick over it. I always think the worst is going to happen. There is a lot of times that I feel a sense of impending doom.

I wish I could fix this because I am sick to my stomach with the fact that I've wasted so much of my life - didn't go to college or university because I was so scared to be alone. I ordered the Sam Obitz book tonight, and I'm going to read it and try these TEA forms things.

Thanks for reading this message.. I hope I can find some support here to overcome my problems and to help others overcome eventually.

Midnight Sky
09-18-2009, 05:03 AM
hi there, i am 24 and still living wth my parents too. ive wasted 5 years of my life living in fear so far and ive had this problem for 17 years.

louisrapisarda
09-22-2009, 10:09 PM
I am currently 16, I have been suffering from this anxiety disorder since i was 12.
I can suggest you go and try some counseling, but in hidsite you must help yourself..
To overcome ''agrophobia'' or any type of anxiety/depression you must try and always think on the positive side of everything..
I am very glad you have made a new post about your current issues and phobia's, you cannot keep it bottled up inside you.. You must tell someone who you are close to, how you are feeling.
My father recently commited suicide, he had depression and he kept it bottled up inside him.. I'd suggest having a few friends stay over for a while, and see how that goes. If that fails, like i said before dont be affraid to go to the counseler..

Best of luck, if you need someone to talk to just chuck me a private message