PDA

View Full Version : The story of my life.

floridanon
09-10-2009, 04:26 PM
I've posted on here before, but I thought that I would like to add some more things, and expand my story. I've had anxiety for about 4 years now. It only used to happen when I would get up for school in the mornings, I would have panic attacks going to school. About 2 months ago, I woke up having the worst panic attack I could remeber. I was forced to lay in bed for 3 days, barely eating, and constantly anxious. I was put on a 20 day supply of Ativan, which helped. I still never felt quite myself since then. Yesterday the same thing happened. I woke up in the middle of the night with my heart racing like it was going to explode. I have little to no appetite, and all day long for the last two days, I have been constantly anxious. My heart seems to have no peace. I'm hoping this is just anxiety. Any ideas would be more than welcomed.

Sleepless
09-11-2009, 01:41 AM
do you do any exercise or do you get out regularly?

floridanon
09-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Actually, no I do not. I do work part time, but I really dont get out much or excercise often.

danstelter
09-13-2009, 01:36 PM
Exercise can be very beneficial and would be a wise idea to include in your life. One question it would be helpful to have you answer: what are you anxious about? What kinds of thoughts are going through your head? You were anxious about school in the past, but what part of school made you anxious?

It sounds like these symptoms are because of anxiety, and it sounds like you have not really taken any steps (just observing, not criticizing) to resolve it. The anxiety continues to get worse until you decide to resolve it, and that would explain these increasingly difficult symptoms you are experiencing.

Here is how I solved my anxiety: regular exercise, an anxiety-reducing diet, talking to counseling, taking risks, and talking to friends when I was feeling down. It took many years of hard work, but now the anxiety is much less intense and does not harm my life like it used to. Let me know if you have further questions and require further assistance.