PDA

View Full Version : The need to talk

HeatherSarah3
09-08-2009, 04:02 AM
This is my first post outside of the "welcome wagon" I am honestly scared to post this and have been building the courage over the past few minutes. My anxiety is peeking at this time in my life and I feel a strong desire to withdrawl from people but at the same time i am scared and I feel alone. I am hopeing to find someone to talk to. I have read many posts here and I can relate to alot of people on here.

Here are a few things I am having trouble with that I did not find in other people's threads.

My biggest issue is I am self concous. It takes my on average 2 hours to get ready leave the house to go to the store or anywhere. I get scared to leave by my self. I feel like people are always being mean to me (such as store clerks and just randoms) and I think Its just in my head but im not sure.

I have a perscription for lexapro. It helps my feel better but not all the way better. The reason I dont take it is because it makes me have no sex drive and I am 22 and I just got married 2 weeks ago! I dont want to not want to be with my husband.

I think I am having bad paranoia. I have not had these symptoms in the past, just recently. I dont think i actually have a question to ask but I just wanted a place to put these things for a bit.

mamascrazy1985
09-08-2009, 12:14 PM
May I ask if u have kids? Kids made my anxiety worse! I have two I'm only 24 one is 5 and the other is 1 I haven't been to a phsyc yet but plan on it I hv had anxiety symptoms for the past 6 months the only thing that kinda helps it to know a lot about it and to focus on something else like a hobby good luck

HeatherSarah3
09-09-2009, 01:19 AM
No... I dont have any kids.

mamascrazy1985
09-09-2009, 12:41 PM
Well I have some self con. Issues but not quiet as bad as what u r describing I worry what people think when I go places but that doesn't stop or delay me from going! I am a bit of a hot head so it don't matter but it does if that makes any sense at all

HeatherSarah3
09-12-2009, 01:57 AM
Yeah it makes sense. I CAN be a hot head. After feeling like everyone is out to get me for so long I get really snappy.

danstelter
09-13-2009, 01:17 PM
It sounds like you have some symptoms that are consistent with social anxiety. Getting nervous two hours before you go out somewhere public would not at all be unusual for someone with social anxiety to experience.

Some of that meanness that you think that is coming from other people is in your head, and some of it is real. Most is probably in your head, and that is what I have found in my case. Most people are not as mean and negative as I have thought them to be. However, many people, but not most, can be very mean to random people with no good reason. It takes time, but you can learn what is real and what you are simplyl perceiving and believe is real.

So, don't think that you are crazy or unusual. You are simply experiencing what many of us socially anxious experience, although different parts of the condition are accentuated for you.

markko
11-16-2009, 04:07 PM
Hi,

Welcome.

I agree that other peoples' attitude can often seem negative when it's not. I also think that some people pick up on social anxiety but don't understand it so treat you like you're weird.

Short of educating the whole world as to how bad it is, the only thing to do is not take it to heart.

Good luck,

Markko