PDA

View Full Version : anxeity and phobias

lisa marie
02-27-2006, 12:48 AM
:P hi my name is lisa i have sufferd from anxeity 4 many years i have 4 children to of them are old enough to take there selfs to school and work the twins have to be took to school my husband had to leave work a year ago to take them im still same now ive tryed to take them but the thought is to much id rather not to scarey for me ive had the symtons and thoughts of what is wrong with me but i keep being told everything is anxiety its hard 4 me to belive thats all it is ive got all sorts of phobias that ive built up the worse one is the death phobia i have a drinking phobia etc i have just been told that i have ocd as well i dont do much anymore i wish everything would go back to normall wishfull thinking i suppose any body feel the same lisaxx

scatmantom
02-27-2006, 11:35 AM
hi lisa welcome to the board

I think all the users here can relate to ur story, I certainly wish things could go back to the old ways..but im afraid that isnt possible. We can work hard tho and learn to live with anxiety and keep it under control. Have you seen a doctor at all? Maybe getting professional help will do you some good, or maybe jsut try buying a good book and try and do some self help.

Good luck

Tommy

lisa marie
02-27-2006, 01:34 PM
thankyou 4 replying tommy yes im am getting some help i dint find the cycotrist much help at all i have waited 1 and a half years years 4 cbt now im on the list i got a appoiment last week she told me i suffer from ocd my treament starts in 3 weeks time
lisa

scatmantom
03-01-2006, 09:42 AM
well thats great news. Ive been doing some CBT and it makes a differnce to my whole life. Its about training ur mind into positive thinking. My immediate reactions to everything are still "what if", but now i also think "what if....it all works out fine". Im sure you will find it some help...possibly very helpful and I hope it provides the relief that you deserve. No1 should have 2 go thru wot we do :(

lisa marie
03-01-2006, 10:13 AM
:P thanks for replying tommy ive had 1 session of cbt up to now ive had to wait a year and a half on a waiting listthats a long wait but i got there in the end the woman at cbt told me that i must cut down to 2 cups a day i was drinking about 10 cups a day i love tea but i suppose ill do it she said she might b able to get me off my tablets in 8 months that sounded very good to me ive got to go back in 3 weeks time i need help to get rid of the death phobia i also have tablet phobia plus drinking phobia and agrophobia as well but they all link with the death phobias have you got any phobias lisa mariexx

scatmantom
03-02-2006, 02:37 PM
The best advice I can give is to follow thew advice the professional gives as best you can.They have nodoubt got alot of experience and understanding of ur situation/condition and if they recommend something u might as well do it if is gonna help u out in the long run.