PDA

View Full Version : Boredom, could it be anxiety?

Pieturli
09-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Ok heres a new one. I've had this feeling before but not for a long time, it just recently resurfaced. It's like a feeling of chronic boredom that doesnt go away. I admit that not having a job (just got out of high school) at the moment must have something to do with it, but it still doesnt make sense. This is kind of a weird feeling of boredom, like it almost doesnt matter what I do, Im still bored. My best friends are in the military right now (mandatory service in Finland) so that might have something to do with it but I feel that the amount of boredom I feel is disproportionate. Anyone had any similar feelings?

coops025
09-04-2009, 07:00 AM
I found that with Anxiety it can dampen your emotions making things we normally enjoy much less stimulating or maybe not stimulating at all, so yes i can relate to this.

But in saying that it could also be some form of depression, well thats what my Doctor thought was my problem, but i think i was just feeling a little down from how ill i have been felling for the past 7 months. A tired Brain has no time for nice thoughts im afraid.

The only thing that did seem to make a differance is when i started to exercise. Apparently when you exercise your body releases happy chemicals into you brain making you feel more happy. Thats why some people get addicted to excercise or so i have been told.

Robbed
09-04-2009, 04:35 PM
I found that with Anxiety it can dampen your emotions making things we normally enjoy much less stimulating or maybe not stimulating at all, so yes i can relate to this.

But in saying that it could also be some form of depression, well thats what my Doctor thought was my problem, but i think i was just feeling a little down from how ill i have been felling for the past 7 months. A tired Brain has no time for nice thoughts im afraid.

Regardless of what the general consensus in the medical community may be, I do not believe that depression and anxiety are separate conditions. Remember that both depression and anxiety are symptoms rather than diseases. And, given that both are seem in most people who suffer either, they appear to be part of the larger problem. Regardless, I agree that the boredom you speak of is simply a result of the fact that you cannot experience as much in the way of pleasure and/or excitement when you have anxiety disorder. This gives the illusion that you have nothing going on in life, even if you actually might have ALOT going on.

snakeeyes148
09-07-2009, 11:52 AM
Think of yourself as a doer now and try to indulge in fore physical activities. Things that don't allow you to think about yourself will help.
I have been through this when I completed my graduation and all my friends moved on to something but I was sitting ideal for some time.

Barcadia101
09-07-2009, 12:34 PM
Make new friends...
Reading your post suggests that you are in a stage where you will be facing a lot of changes, both internally and externally. Meeting new people helps in this situation.

Pieturli
09-07-2009, 05:40 PM
well yes that is true, 4 of my best friends are in the army or temporarily out of town. Also as I just got out of high school I dont have a school yet or a job so I guess that could explain a lot:) thanks all for you replies so far