PDA

View Full Version : Week of stomach issues thanks to anxiety

JennySteal08
08-29-2009, 03:26 PM
This past Monday I started back to school. On Saturday I started to have stomach issues. I felt nauseous all day. By Monday it was worse. This has happened before, but I haven't found anything that helps. On Wednesday it reached it's peak and after finally getting sick and resting, I felt better.

Does anyone know anything to help with this. I really hate feeling so bad for 5 or 6 days. It isn't fun. If you have this problem and have found a way to cope with it, please let me know. Thanks. Even if you haven't had this problem, maybe you have heard of it happening and know of something that might help. Either way your input is appreciated.

Knawx
08-30-2009, 07:00 PM
Yeah, I have definitely had stomach issues from anxiety. About 2 months ago I had an entire week where I could barely eat anything. It was during a time of many changes in my life (starting a new job, moving, etc.)

I went and saw my Dr. who suggested I take a combination of the medication "Pristiq" and "xanax" - Pristiq is a newer medication that is mainly used for depression, but works with anxiety as well. The xanax was to help relax my body for a few days.

This combination worked great. I immediatly felt the results, and quickly regained my appetite. I have continued to take Pristiq but I will soon begin to ween myself off of it because I don't like being on medication unless absolutely necessary.

So if you are not on any type of medication, you may want to consider it, if you are, then just remember that this is a very common occurance with anxiety.

JennySteal08
08-30-2009, 07:42 PM
I am on medication. I am taking both Paxil and Xanax. I just have these bits of stomach issues when something big is about to happen. I knew it was most likely common, but I wish there was more we could do. I hate feeling so sick for so long. It is worse because it isn't like a stomach virus. No one will not really understand what it feels like unless they have actually experienced it. It is just something that I guess we all have to deal with, but I just wish there was a way to keep it from occurring or at least help with the severity of it.

Thank you for replying. It does help to know I am not the only one who suffers from this. I'm just glad it doesn't happen too often. If it did I think I will be a little overwhelmed.