PDA

View Full Version : strange headaches...help :(

stumbs
08-27-2009, 11:15 AM
So since tuesday night i've been gettng these weird 1-2 second headache pains in various places of my head (usually the top) they come mabye once every 1-2 hours its happend twice since got up this morning >< im worried ofcourse that it might be a brain tumor I feel fine otherwise i guess save for this that is making me scared/nervous im 24/f anyone else ever deal with this?

northstar
08-27-2009, 12:25 PM
hi stumbs, i used to get headaches like these when i was on the contraceptive pill. very sharp little jolts in different parts of my head that would come and go really suddenly at any stage during the day. they really scared me, but i didn't realise what they were until i read about it online one day and when i came off the pill they stopped.

the best person to ask is your doctor, they will be able to tell you if there is anything wrong or not, so perhaps call and make yourself an appointment and i hope you'll feel better soon :)

stumbs
08-27-2009, 12:30 PM
Thanks for the reply, thats funny I have an appointment in a few weeks to get on the bc pill lol >< "jolt" is a very good word to describe it though..now that i've calm down i bit i wonder if it could just be allergies and/or the fact that i have terrible posture and sit on the comp 12 hours a day >.> I'll bug my Dr. about it and all my other anxiety issues when i see her I'm hoping she can refer me to a psycitrist (sp?)

coops025
09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
you not taking any meds that might be blocking receptors are you? The reason i asked is because i was trying some depression tablets for a few weeks and it had simular affects. convinced as i was not depressed stopped and my head stopped doing strange things.