PDA

View Full Version : Friend Support

HayleyRose
02-24-2006, 02:36 AM
I just found out that my best friend has agorophobia and I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some advice as to how to help her out. I've noticed that some of my other friends have had little sympathy to her and told her to just get over it but common sense tells me that that isnt going to happen, so any feedback on the best way to support her and help her get better would be much appreciated. Thanks :)

kim
03-21-2006, 06:40 PM
Hi Hayleyrose,

my name is Kim and I am an aussie agoraphobic. You might like to let your friend know that there is a site called Agoraphobics Australia and they would probably be able to tell you of help/support groups in your area.

You are a true friend in seeking help - I myself have been agoraphobic for about 15 years and were it not for my true friend who decided to help me who knows how things would have turned out. She came with me to meet with other agoraphobics who shared stories of survival which helped me immensely and also helped her better understand the condition. Stick by her and be the true friend she needs at this difficult time.