PDA

View Full Version : Can you feel high blood pressure?

DTrotter9
08-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Just wondering, because of the fact that whenever I feel "this way" and I check my blood pressure its really high. It sort of feels like strong stress..or anxiety. Im 24 years old 205 lbs.
Not the healthiest Im sure but im somewhat worried about these spikes in blood pressure.

kim robin
08-20-2009, 02:41 AM
The most common symptoms of high blood pressure are headache, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision. Overweight is one of the risk factor of high BP. I guess you should start planning a nutritional diet and physical fitness.

DTrotter9
08-20-2009, 05:53 AM
The most common symptoms of high blood pressure are headache, dizziness, nausea, blurred vision. Overweight is one of the risk factor of high BP. I guess you should start planning a nutritional diet and physical fitness.

Yes, kim u r right. My Doctor also said these same things also.
He said that - Assess your diet to reduce excessive consumption of stressor foods such as refined sugars, honey, maple syrup, or cow`s milk products.
Consume vegetable soups, broths, and a wide variety of green and yellow vegetables. Add more complex carbohydrates such as whole grains, beans, seeds, and nuts etc..

So, now i am going to try it and follow it also... :roll:

kim robin
08-21-2009, 01:54 AM
Good luck then DTrotter9. Also, don't forget to do a regular exercise specifically cardio exercises because this is the best way to loosen your fats. I personally suggest you do a jumping rope regularly. I guess its the best cardio exercise...

MindPieces
08-21-2009, 06:02 PM
I read somewhere online that you can't feel high BP and that it's "the silent killer," so I asked my doctor about this. You actually CAN feel it. I know I can really feel the variations in my BP, so maybe some people are just more sensitive to it than others.